Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

PS2 mouse stopped working

I turned on my laptop one day and my PS2 mouse didn't work anymore. I had to use a USB mouse, which is a problem. I only have one USB port, so I can't really do anything else. What it wrong with my PS2 mouse?

Hmmm... well if there's something wrong with your mouse then that's better than something wrong with the ps2 port, I guess. I'd double check your connection for starters.

I believe I'm missing vmouse.vxd but I'm not sure. Where can I find it?

KoRn said:

First result from google search = "vmouse.vxd"

It could be the problem.

No, it's not that. It just doesn't want to work for some reason.

I'll assume you haven't reconfigured IRQ and I/O addresses

It's one of two problems: the mouse or the port (and it's drivers)

Try the PS/2 mouse on a different machine, or a different PS/2 mouse on your machine. If it doesn't work than it's most likely the mouse.

If it's the port, than try cleaning it very carefully, and make sure it's free of dust. Make sure you clean it with the correct cleaning substance, by doing a search on google. If it still doesn't work, try updating the drivers on the manufacturers website. If this doesn't work it's probably a physical error with your motherboard.

Well, I tried to get my Webcam working, and I tried to drivers for it. When I restarted, the mouse worked! Then I did something and had to restart again. I stopped working again. It must not be the mouse or the port, but something else.

AW MAN!!! I just got this mouse working and now my dad wants it. Fuck! I like this mouse,

Nah, the mouse was working fine, but the universal scroll thing was the gay kind where it goes all slow and I hated it. He's gonna get me a PS2 adapter.