Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Doom 3 in Foxtrot

Foxtrot is easily one of the single greatest comic strips to come out of the sunday papers in a VERY long time. After the loss of Bill Waterson and Gary Larson, all the papers had left were garbage like Cathy, Beetle Bailey, Family Circus... the list goes on. Foxtrot was the most recent of really good comic strips returning to the papers. The characters are unique, each has their own unique personailty, the artwork is neat and original, and the writing is very good. Deffinately a gen in a sea of garbage.

Lolz, nice ot see doom geting attention

Dilbert still rules the Comic scene

Foxtrot is probably the best comic strip ever next to Calvin and Hobbes. I have almost every anthology for both strips. It's good to see other people like it too. BTW, Doom has been mentioned many times in FoxTrot previously.
Also, Scuba, FoxTrot has been going on since 89 I believe, so it's not new, but I agree with everything else in your post :D

i have one at home about playing poker, the last frame has the dad's eyes hanging out of the socket with the line "you are so not ready for the world series of poker"

another had the mom coming in the house screaming "were you guys playing darts in the house?!" with a bunch of holes in the wall and a mysterious circle that is hole free. i like that one because a few years ago i redid my room. one wall was covered in holes, including knife holes, around a mystery hole free circle, from years of darts

The best foxtrot was when the mom joined MAGG - Mothers Against Gory Games. Peter wanted to play "Vice City" and all MAGG would allow was "Nice City".

"Shoot, hit reset. I stepped on an ant."

LOL

insertwackynamehere said:

Also, Scuba, FoxTrot has been going on since 89 I believe, so it's not new, but I agree with everything else in your post :D

1989 in terms of comic strips is VERY new. Considering everything else in the paper is either 30 years old and lost it's edge, or the author died years ago and the comic continues post mortem by a team of artists.

in 1985 I believe... when Bill Watterson began Calvin and Hobbes, so did 2 other very young and talented artists, Berkeley Breathed and Gary Larson. All were in their 20s and the start of a new breed of young talented cartoonists. In 1995, all three of them quit making cartoons, and we lost three of the most inspiring and humorous comics to date. When Fox Trot started in 1989, Bill Amend sighted the previous three names as HIS inspirations.

I forgot where I was going with all this, but yes, again Fox Trot is an excellent Comic strip.

Yes in terms of comic strips it is new. Calvin and Hobbes was a sad loss along with Farside. Opus by Berkley Breathed is back, however, but I never really read it when it was out. His art is good though, from what I see now. Speaking of Bill Watterson, my mom was in the same dorm as him at college, and so they were aquaintences, along with a couple other people on the floor, and my father, and he showed them all how he painted his dorm room ceiling like the Sistine Chapel. My parents say it was really nice, too.