Scabbed Angel

Fahrenheit 9/11

Will you see it?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Will you see it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don`t know don`t care

If I was president, Texas would be a radioactive crater ten days later, and two decades later... it would become a massive field of solar panels... ridding the evangelical neocons, and serving our energy needs; two birds with one stone. Heh.

I probably wont. Mostly because the movie is mostly false. Moore takes a lot of the people's statments out of context so that they fit his personal ideas and claims. He also makes a lot of quotes that were never said. Finally most of the people he said he's interviewed are people who don't even know who the guy is.

From all the interviews and documentaries (i don't know what else to call them) that I've seen and read, I'd say that this movie is nothing more than 1 mans feeble attempt to turn the world against the US government. The man has a screw loose and though it does excercise his 1st ammendment right, I find it treasonous. But thats just my opinion of it.

Also, in a "60 minute" interview, he stated that he would SUE anyone who badmouthed his movie or made any noticable public protest against it....little hypocritical I think.

Besides, most of his "claims" and "theories" have been proven false by various people and government officials.

Those cover don't exactly portray a Gandhi, humanitarian and concerned look. More like hay I make the government angry, rage against the machine makes me look cool.

Shit, I'd be depressed and infuriated by the outcomes of such investigation. Columbine really upset me, and if I had been editing and gathering information for that I would've just gone "fuck it, stupid country how can people be so idiotic" and be way too bitter to smile for the next cover photoshoot.

S1lent said:

Mostly because the movie is mostly false.

YES, they digitally inserted the 5-iron into a Bush-lookalike's hands...

S1lent said:

I'd say that this movie is nothing more than 1 mans feeble attempt to turn the world against the US government. The man has a screw loose and though it does excercise his 1st ammendment right, I find it treasonous. But thats just my opinion of it.

Please enlighten us with your extensive, precise opinion...

S1lent said:

Besides, most of his "claims" and "theories" have been proven false by various people and government officials.

Proven false by faulty, biased reports you mean? The FBI--according to Moore's counterclaim... did not seriously interrogate the Bin Laden's family in America after 9/11 as the FBI report have claimed. Now I'm not saying Moore's counterclaim was correct, but it should be considered in the two faces of the argument.

Here's my impression of you: "OMG OMG OMFG TEYH R WRONG BECUZ I WATCHED TEH CNN + FOX NEWS I KNOW SOMETHING U GUYZZZ DONT"

Thank you for sharing your conservative views with the rest of us... why, with people like you... the First Amendment will turn into a charred sheet of ash...

No... but a good representation of the opposite end of the spectrum that nobody ever gets to see on cable news.

I think I'll watch some Fox news...

Zaldron said:
Those cover don't exactly portray a Gandhi, humanitarian and concerned look. More like hay I make the government angry, rage against the machine makes me look cool.

No, of course, a presentation by Cesar Mascetti and Monica Cahen D'anvers on Telenoche would have worked out much better!

Bush isn't exactly the most suave leader, but by and large he's a hell of a lot better than anyone Michael Moore cares to support (who may or may not be Ronald McDonald).

myk said:

No, of course, a presentation by Cesar Mascetti and Monica Cahen D'anvers on Telenoche would have worked out much better!

Hahahahahahahahah

Stupid Hepatalgina ad, and stupid Telenoche with its flamboyant and derivative dramatism. It's the music that drives me batshit crazy, you know? The fucking "fitting" music they put on the background whenever that things comes up.

Converted DOOMer said:

The FBI--according to Moore's counterclaim... did not seriously interrogate the Bin Laden's family in America after 9/11 as the FBI report have claimed.

What constitutes "seriously interrogate"? Are we talking about an interview, detention, or Abu Ghraib?

"Interrogate" in that context meant preventing them from flying out of America, for the purpose of questioning. Moore claimed that the FBI had only interrogated about 20 of the 140+ Bin Laden relatives and associates before letting them out of the country. The FBI reported on paper that ALL of them were thoroughly questioned before they [the Bin Laden's family] were allowed to leave America. A case of point/counterpoint.

Counterpoint.

When CNN's Lou Dobbs asked Mr. Moore about his inaccuracies, he shrugged off the quesiton. "You know, look, this is a book of political humor. So, I mean, I don't respond to that sort of stuff, you know," he said.

"Glaring inaccuracies?" Mr. Dobbs said.

"No, I don't. Why should I? How can there be inaccuracy in comedy?"

Mr. Moore would deserve an Academy Award if there were an Oscar for Best Cinematic Con Job. If "Bowling for Columbine" is a comedy, most of its fans don't know it. They actually believe they're watching something that is in rough accord with reality.

I'm glad I was shown the error of my ways. Now I know that the Bush administration is right about everything and I was wrong to ever have questioned anything. How utterly silly of me to think such terrible things about the best country in the world, no, the universe.

Go USA! Never wrong, always number one!

While I'm spouting out glaring falsehoods, the USA had legitimate reason to go to war with Iraq and brought about a peace and prosperity never before known to Iraqi countrypeople.

why don't you, you know, tell moore to fuck himself with an electric drill, tell bush to go pick his brains out of the toilet then fuck himself with an electric drill, read all the information avalible to you and come up with your own opinion and your own middle path far away from the extreme left / right retard that moore and bush represent.

Think you could manage that?

Scuba Steve said:

No... but a good representation of the opposite end of the spectrum that nobody ever gets to see on cable news.

Thank the beauty of my arse for BBC. See, maybe those tightfisted bastards *do* deserve my license fee...

darknation said:

Think you could manage that?

Easily. In fact, I'm already halfway there.

First things first: S1lent is a retared.

gatewatcher said:
Bush isn't exactly the most suave leader, but by and large he's a hell of a lot better than anyone Michael Moore cares to support.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA NO.

Anyway. Of corse I'll see it. I like Michael Moore's films. sure, it'll be stuff I already knew and already agree with. And sure, I’ll take it with a grain of salt. but it'll be damn entertaining none the less.

PS, the left may have to make do with Michael Moore. but it could be worse. we could have Ann Coulter.

I still don't see how a person who considers himself to be an ugly, stupid, fat blob of an inferior gender and skin color can be seen as ego-inflated and performing self-marketing.

Fredrik said:

I still don't see how a person who considers himself to be an ugly, stupid, fat blob

Well, I can now say I agree with Mr. Moore 100%.

Fredrik said:

I still don't see how a person who considers himself to be an ugly, stupid, fat blob of an inferior gender and skin color can be seen as ego-inflated and performing self-marketing.

There's such a thing as overcompensating.

Scuba Steve said:

I've never once heard the man actually call Bush or anyone a terrible person, in fact quite the opposite.

Perhaps you missed the oscars or whatever it was when he had something to say last year, even after the people running it asked for noone to make political statements.

Scuba Steve said:

Why don't you just switch to CNN or NBC or anything OTHER than fox news if you want something from the opposite end of the spectrum.

EDIT: blah double post

Ralphis said:
Perhaps you missed the oscars or whatever it was when he had something to say last year, even after the people running it asked for noone to make political statements.

and what's wrong with that?

Ralphis said:

Nothing about anyone being a terrible person in there.

darknation said:
far away from the extreme left

Moore is an extreme leftist?

Explain.

darknation said:

far away from the extreme left / right

Plus, it could just be sides on my metaphorical path, not just political leaning horsepucky.

Now that you've been boned for not paying attention, I want to you to be my bitch for a week.

Ralphis said:
Why don't you just switch to CNN or NBC or anything OTHER than fox news if you want something from the opposite end of the spectrum.

Opposite end of the spectrum? Uh yeah. sure.

There is no such thing as a liberal media, and for that matter, there is no such thing as a right wing media. Fox news is just, well, shit.

Captain Red said:

Opposite end of the spectrum? Uh yeah. sure.

I suppose it's never occured to some that different agencies don't have to be in full ideological warfare to be considered on different sides of the political spectrum.

For example, for the past month, the New York Times has published at least one article on Fahrenheit 9/11 per day, most in glowing terms.

On the other other hand, there is this.