Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Compared to other game bosses...

Linguica said:

I mean, people who don't want it, what would you want? A Supercyberdemon? Some new dumb monster that shoots even more shit at you?

What I would do is keep it exactly the same, except give it legs.

A dragon just wouldn't fit in Doom. Heretic maybe, and especially Hexen, but not Doom. As for a Devil, well, we already have several types of demons and the Icon of sin, which I guess represents the Devil in some way. Of course, there's the Baron of Hell modification that gives it wings in Rebirth.

Ichor said:

A dragon just wouldn't fit in Doom. Heretic maybe, and especially Hexen, but not Doom. As for a Devil, well, we already have several types of demons and the Icon of sin, which I guess represents the Devil in some way. Of course, there's the Baron of Hell modification that gives it wings in Rebirth.

A demonic dragon might work.

You just made me think of a great idea. How about Satan?

Three day bump, but I think it's appropriate.

I did this as a joke, but it actually doesn't look half bad.

Danarchy said:

Well, it's better than a wall that shoots 100 rockets at you per second.

Was that an Action dis?

Nanami said:

Wahaha! Excellent! Are you going to do the whole lot?

Nanami said:

Doesn't look half bad at all. I think we have a new boss for void 2!

Ichor said:

Of course, there's the Baron of Hell modification that gives it wings in Rebirth.

Yeah, but it's not as though it actually uses those wings, they're just there to make it look cooler.
Now a new type of Baron, one who can fly, and throw three shots at you instead of one, and 5-800 more HP than the original Baron would be nice.

I'm thinking about it. It needs more tweaking (Korax' hands are under the Heresiarch in some of those shots), but it shouldn't be hard. I may do it in my spare time. I'll have to use my recolored Heresiarch (blue instead of purple) and he won't have his normal attacks (except maybe the stream of floor-bound projectiles) but at least I can mirror frames in this one unlike my cyber mastermind.

DooMBoy said:

Now a new type of Baron, one who can fly, and throw three shots at you instead of one, and 5-800 more HP than the original Baron would be nice.

Heh, there was a flying baron a little like that in ALLHELL.wad, but it didnt look as cool, it had a blocky 3D rendered green flame covering its legs, there was a few cool enemies in that wad, pity that some other elements of it where so retarded (like the green dragon that screams "AHHHHHHH...FUCK....YOUUU!!" when it dies

Nanami said:

I'm thinking about it. It needs more tweaking (Korax' hands are under the Heresiarch in some of those shots), but it shouldn't be hard. I may do it in my spare time. I'll have to use my recolored Heresiarch (blue instead of purple) and he won't have his normal attacks (except maybe the stream of floor-bound projectiles) but at least I can mirror frames in this one unlike my cyber mastermind.

Heh, that's kind of cool.

Nice Heresiarch Nanami, I did the same a few days ago. I had the idea to replace Korax sprites with it (the fireballs fired by Korax, and the scripts are activated by the rider), then introduce it in ZHeretic with a new boss map for the extra episodes of Shadow of the.. When you kill the "Korax with Heresiarch", you fight the Heresiarch alone (again, its needed to include the Heresiarch sprites into the wad converted to Heretic's pallete). I think that it would look kinda cool, finally fight that mysterious red demon that tortured all the Heretic/Hexen fans.

i think he'dbe a cooler boss if he would come out of the wall after you. Of course because of his size you wouldn't stand a chance. Doesn't system shock 2's shodan remind any of the icon of sin boss? It's probably just me though since she's got wires all hooked up to her head and so does he.

Bashe said:

YOU QUOTED AN IMAGE!!! BURN IN HELL!!!

You follow the rules without even knowing why they are there

Danarchy said:

Well, it's better than a wall that shoots 100 rockets at you per second.

What wall shoots 100 rockets at you?

Scuba Steve said:

What wall shoots 100 rockets at you?

I think he's making fun of the 1st AD boss.

The Icon of Sin is a good boss, but they made it too easy to beat, if they would have designed him to where he opens his mouth and one of those spawn boxes comes out, his mouth opens and closes and in his mouth is his only weakness and way to kill him..

The open hole in his head just makes him too easy to kill because it's always opened..

I always thought that it was original for the time, especially considering it compared to every other monster in Doom. Plus it was hard (back then), and one of the great things about Doom was the unlimited continues. I love fighting a boss a dozen times in frustration. It makes it feel better to win. That's what I tried to do with the boss in A Warm Place.

It's definitely an original boss.

And as for the opening in his head, who knows how hard that was to actually figure out how to do - or even if that's what should be done.

I know that when I first played DOOM II, I was like, 10 I think, and there was no way I'd ever figure it out. I think I read how to beat it in a magazine or strategy guide. And though most of the DOOM players were probabl considerably older than that, it doesn't guarantee that they'd figure out how to beat it so easily, either.

I mean, can you imagine trying to work out the timing of those rockets without ever having been told how to do it or seeing a demo, or reading about it?