Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corey

release date?

This has just been posted on planet doom.
Along with a new box image, GameSpot.com has posted up that they have confirmed the release date of DOOM 3 to be August 3rd 2004. Other retailers across the country such as EB Games have also switched to that date as well. Keep an eye on other game retailers to see if they join in with that date, but then again, keep in mind that April 15th and June 15th came and went without a peep when the retailers had that pegged as a release date as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B644930A

"We know you love Doom too
please read the F-A-Q
Please no more release date threads!"

5 points to anyone who can identify the song I just butchered in that paraphrase. Clue: It's recent and slightly underground.

i know sites have posted release dates but have they said that it has been confirmed. if so sorry for another waste of a thread

Official launch date of August 3rd, 2004 confirmed!

I read a ! sign there

you guys are pretty funny but i didnt post this because dates havent been posted before but it is the only realistic one i have seen so far.

Zoost said:

I read a ! sign there

Grammar, it's overrated. I say we throw in some "~" and a "^" for good measure. Then we can believe it.

Peace,

Erik "The Bruce"

I don't believe it until I've read it in a .plan update coming directly from Id.

Where's the press release? I don't see one there at all. Seems like just another BS plan to generate more pre-orders for that site and others. Then a week later we'll have "well we THOUGHT it was released the 3rd but it's actually the 29th"

Heh, why not just make it against the rules to post release dates unless they're official or the source of the release date states that it's directly from Id Software and with a quote (and a good source, to boot)?

Melfice said:

Heh, why not just make it against the rules to post release dates unless they're official or the source of the release date states that it's directly from Id Software and with a quote (and a good source, to boot)?

Those who post these random release dates already participate in a game of Russian roulette with my trigger finger on the ban button...

er, not really :P

Hopefully the game isn't posponed 18 times. All of blizzards games release dates get pushed back several times and it gets very annoying.

I think you guys should pay attention to that date!!

Think about it, something I've suspected for a long time...

QuakeCon!

You have to have the game out in time for it, or people would be severely disapaointed for the millionth time.

It seems to be all over the net now, Kyle from HardOCP even posted it on his front page, so I think it's a go guys.