Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

Hub / no Hub?

Let's just say I was making a wad, and let's just say I was going to put a main hub in it.

And hey let's just hypothetically say somebody gave me the suggestion to not have a main hub and just have levels.

This sounded great because I am trying to make the main hub right now and am having a hard time with it, creativity wise. Oops hypothetically I mean.

So how about a poll?

1-No hub
2-Small hub <--(I like this one)
3-Full, cool, and pretty hub, complete with stuff and stuff.
4-It really doesn't matter to me, I'd have fun in any of the ways.

What do you think? If you were going to play a wad, would you like a certain order, or a cool hub to choose your own order? PICK NOW

Make it backwards. Start with the boss and work your way back to map 1.

Actually, I'd go with the small hub as well, or maybe none.

I prefer non-linearity.
A large hub where I can go anywhere I want, exploring the worlds in any order, looking for clues to solve the puzzles is my choice.

3-Full, cool, and pretty hub, complete with stuff and stuff.

Yeah, if you have the energy, I'd love to see a full hub that, like NMN says, allows you to go anywhere and back/forth as part of the, for instance, puzzle solving. Requires a good set of beta-testers though! ;)

Epyo I've seen your work. I know you have it in you to go out there and make a hub. I'll leave the size up to you however. BTW: would this hub "hypothetically" be part of Captain Mancubus 2?

Chris Hansen said:

Yeah, if you have the energy, I'd love to see a full hub that, like NMN says, allows you to go anywhere and back/forth as part of the, for instance, puzzle solving. Requires a good set of beta-testers though! ;)

This was going to be like that, but I can't get back into mapping/scripting for it right now.

Interesting, very interesting. Weird plot though, hehe!

There just isn't enough of those hub wads around. I guess it's because it requires a lot of work and time. Take Team TNT's Deadelus for instance...

Chris Hansen said:

Interesting, very interesting. Weird plot though, hehe!

The plot has changed quite a lot from the description, I just haven't changed it yet. I will if I continue to work on it though.