Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skibz

Beserk Packs

I was playing consoledoom.wad today, and came across the first level I can remember (map09, Deimos Lab) with two Beserk packs in. I know that Beserk lasts until the level ends (despite thinking for 8 years it ran out after the red tint disappeared), but does picking up two Beserks in one level make you any more powerful?

It doesn't. The second one you pick up just tops your health up to 100% (if it has dropped below that).

Would be fun to have a kind of mod that increase the power a weapon everytime you pick up one of the same type :)

Would work like some of the old shoot'em up 15 years ago :)

Berserk Packs are extremely helpful. Not only is it a super Medikit but it makes your punches incredibly strong, sometimes as strong as rockets (damage is not always the same). A good level to use your fists w/berserk is E2L2, lots of imps and demons.

most UDoom Episode 2 maps are Berserk friendly... but E2M2 remains the funniest.

Map18 is also very fun for punching and the 2 invuls help to punch anything bigger, like the cacos and the manco :)

VinceDSS said:

Would be fun to have a kind of mod that increase the power a weapon everytime you pick up one of the same type :)

Would work like some of the old shoot'em up 15 years ago :)

You can do this with Zdoom when .64 comes out (unlimited new weapons).