Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Most famous Monster

Probably the Cyberdemon, made famous by that great Brom painting.

I think the obvious answer is the spectre, it's such a visible monster..

But really, I think it goes in this order for me..

1. Pinky Demon
2. Baron of Hell
3. Cacodemon
4. Spider Demon
5. Doomguy

i think the imp...and second would be the dead rabbit (if its considered a monster) lol

The Cacodemon is THE ICON for doom 95. When I think of Doom, I automatically think of our good friend, the Cac. THE most famous- definitely...and possibly the cutest...

heh most of the monsters in doom have had a fair share of media time.

Mostly ive seen imps deamons Barons lost souls cacos chaingunners and revenants.

Back when doom first came out, there was a picture of the demon getting sliced with a chainsaw that was splashed everywhere, i remember a Sega magazine of the time had it along with "Its a race (Virtua racing), Its in space (Space hulk) AND HE'S GONNA EAT YOUR FACE! (Doom)"

Baron.

There is nothing like the yell when he first sees you. And that awesome harsh sound that plays when he goes down.

Shadowfox said:

Baron.

There is nothing like the yell when he first sees you. And that awesome harsh sound that plays when he goes down.

true.

Probably the former humans (Zombieman and Shot gun guy); they are abundant in Episode 1, which lots of people checked out, and they are easy to keep in mind... the other monsters are harder to identify.

Job said:
Grendel.

I'd say St. George's dragon.

Hmm... I'm going to have to go with a choice of three: Cacodemon, Bullpig [the infamous snorting noises], and the überman of the hour: The Cyberdemon.

Then again, that's just my opinion on the matter.

It's true that the Cacodemon does have a certain advantage, since it shows up on the DOOM title pic (although on the other hand it does not show up in the shareware,) and (as mentioned above) it's the DOOM95 icon. But still...

DooM mUnsters TOP 10!

1)Romero's Head
2)The Lord Cyber Demon!
3)Arch-vile
4)SS Nazi
5)Cacodemon
6)Imp
7)Spider Demon
8)Commander Keen
9)Baron of Hell & Hell knight
10)Former Human Commando

^_- bye by daimon

It's true that the Cacodemon does have a certain advantage

Then why do the MINDLESS FUCKING IGNORANT PRICKS WHO HAVENT PLAYED DOOM SINCE 1994 SO SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT who write for games magazines keep calling it a "Beholder", that pisses me off, also a lot of magazines, when they mention doom and want to show a generic 'doom screenshot' either show the 'card game' from one of the very early alphas, or a picture of an old Pwad that isnt in the actual game!

===========================================
duncan said:
SS Nazi isnt a doom monster!!
===========================================

Probally you forgot MAP31 and MAP32, man.

daimon

Yeah, they featured in doom but they arent doom monsters, theyre from wolfenstein. Maps 31 and 32 sucked!!

duncan said:

Maps 31 and 32 sucked!!

Hey, they were cool and nostalgic. :(

EDIT: Plus Map 32 is a kickass Deathmatch map.