Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer9

Anybody dissapointed when they saw Riddick?

Yeah, I was completely set aback when I found out Riddick had a PG 13 rating. I was absolutely prepared to sneak into the movie because I thought it was rated R. I was pretty exited about this movie before it came out, thinking, "Oh boy, and hour of Vin Diesel kicking everybody's ass, I can't wait!", but to my dissapointment the fight scenes were, well, quite unsatisfyingly unviolent.
Anyways, the game kicks incomprehensible amounts of ass and I am going to buy it as soon as I can get enough money.

i thought it was better than the first movie it was based on. a fairly standard Sci-fi action movie. had good effects, but the villians seemed a little too roman and out of place.

the only reson pitch black had any attention was because of fast & furious. that movie was basicly a B sci-fi movie. stranded on planet with strange monsters.

the thing that gave me a kick was that the size of the monster's seemed to change through the movie. in some scenes a bit bigger than bats, other scenes as bigger than a man. no i could understand if there were baby monsters and such but you never saw the different sizes mixed

I thought it kicked ass. Obviously when the R-rated DVD will be better, assuming they release it that way. (It was re-edited to get a PG-13 rating.)

Sephiroth said:

the only reson pitch black had any attention was because of fast & furious. that movie was basicly a B sci-fi movie. stranded on planet with strange monsters.

Um... what? Pitch Black came out before F&F, AFAIK. And F&F was a B-movie if ever there was one.

Yea, Pitch Black came out like 3 years before Fast and the Furious didn't it?

Thought so. Anyway, Pitch Black is probably most responsible for bringing Vin Diesel to Hollywood's attention, and F&F for making him popular with the current teenage population.

I liked pitch black. was pretty cool sci-fi monster movie. I assume the smaller aliens stayed out of the way of the bigger ones because they'd get trampled or something, shrug

I found a website for a free ticket for Riddick, but I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail, if it ever does (sorry, don't have the URL + codes any more :P )

Amaster said:

I wasnt disappointed. It sucked just as much as I thought it would.

Amaster said:

I wasnt disappointed. It sucked just as much as I thought it would.

Granted, I didn't see it (nor do I plan to), but I also didn't think it looked very good to begin with.