Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyScoots

Red Alert 2 help please

Ok so my friend Justin wants to play me in C&C Red Alert 2. My version is 1.0. I install it and go to download the patch. at 92% the patch no longer goes forward and stops on ra2.mix. I try to make a account on the internet option in game and gives me either A.A bsod, or B.Total freeze up. Now I can't make an account, the patch fully didn't update everything it needed and I can't fucking play the god damn game online with a friend. I go to the website for technical support, the page just redirects me back to the main page of westwood.com. What the hell should I do now besides wanting to break the disc.

i dont know how well it works with win2000/XP. my dad hasnt played that game in a long time, he loves RTS games. however it may have issues. anyways i think the new patch should fix that, or maybe there isn't a patch for winXP?

havnt messed with it. but i have had issues with older RTS game installers. however most of them where solved fairly easily, by coping the stuff on the disk to the hard drive.

oh wait is that the newer C&C red alert game, the one released about 2 years ago? if so i dont see why it should have install issues. but i have seen a few games, RTS games infact, that said they worked in win2000/XP but infact didn't

however they were made by shit companies, like cat daddy games. they have yet to release a patch fixing such a big ass fuck up. lets say the game works in win2000/XP but it infact will not work. i am talking about some civil war, history channel, game

I think that the patch is using the RTPatch system - so run the patch as normal, and leave it alone for a while after it's hit RA2.MIX.

I play RA2 over the internet almost on a daily basis, using Windows 2000. So there shouldn't be any wierd issues with your OS.
Also, have some patience while the patcher updates your ra2.mix file as its quite a big one. Wait even an hour if you must.

I left it there for an hour, checked Ctrl alt delete. Said it wasn't responding so I can't update this game. This sucks.

There are a bunch of RA2 patches, and a bunch of different places to download them from. I'd suggest you nuke RA2 totally off the face of your HD, reinstall then make sure you get all the patches in order and downloaded correctly. Not much else you can do.

RA2 patches itself in one big patch when you connect to the internet with it. No need for the all of the previous patches.

Well, this ra2.mix is the only thing preventing me from patching. If anyone is able to zip up a 258 mb file, host it on some webspace and put a link up for me, I can do that. I'm about to reinstall it and try to patch it once more. If this does it one more time I will be pissed.

P.S I'm on windows 98 se, not 2000 or xp.

Bam! The patch worked. I just installed RedAlert2 on my other hard drive and everything went A O K! Now if anyone would like to play me- it's chainwar on RA2. And fear my korean skills.