Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demigod

old skool legacy water

Older versions of legacy had some cool looking water so i'm told.Legacy team took it out.Does anyone know were i can get a older version of legacy with the water effect.If you can send on messenger that would be hella cool.

There was an example wad called 'waterlab', but I can't find it.

You do need an older version of legacy (pre 1.30 for sure), and the water only works in software mode. Given that however, it was lovely stuff.

//Edit: Found the wad and the old version(s).

//edit2: well.. 1.29 and 1.30 dont seem to like it... odd.

That water was indeed, tre cool. I'd like to see more ports with software water like that (Cause I'm a crappy computer owning mofo).

If you want some cool eye candy for software vavoom is pretty good,because all the gl stuff works in software.

Demigod said:

If you want some cool eye candy for software vavoom is pretty good,because all the gl stuff works in software.

Yes, but don't forget that Vavoom's software renderer is more an OpenGL emulation in software than something resembling Doom's original one. It will show all the same problems with some special effects as the hardware renderer and in return reduces the amount of colors available. For this to be of any value the installed graphics card must be very old. On most systems it won't have any benefit whatsoever over OpenGL.