• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

Mother-Lovingly Mad at ZDoom Website

Gropes with the zdoom website:

1. No admin email link on main site

2. Can't see 'verification code' when I try to sign up on forums (I can do that on BOTH ticketmaster AND neopets (neopets used solely for scamming people :D)

3. THEN I click on 'If you can't see the code, contact the admin' and there's a link on the word admin. I click. Guess what, up pops a blank email box with NO ADMIN EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO.

4. WTF is a 'Wiki' anyway?

randy. please. update. site. make. better.

The reason I'm wanting to cantact him so badly is because my WadAuthor-ZDoom .wcf file is screwing up WadAuthor. I've downloaded it many times, and it still freezes when I load a level with the zdoom .wcf file. It says 'please send an error report blah blah' piece of SH*T.

I NEED ANSWERS! Sure, ZDoom IS the best port made ever. But why does the site have to be so SH*TTY?

SOMEONE HELP! Please ...

deldelda said:

(neopets used solely for scamming people :D)

I guess it's good I didn't get a job working on their site then or else I would get you banned

By the way, why the hell would you ask Randy about a WadAuthor config, god I hate it when people email/IM me with only vaguely Doom-related questions, as if I am sort sort of catchall oracle for any dumb query they have.

Maybe he didn't put his email address on the site so that every retard spams his account with stupid questions/suggestions/whatever???

Well I figured since he was the maker of zdoom, maybe he would know some troubleshooting about the PATCH ... since I figured he made it.

But linguica, since you mentioned it ... I guess it was pretty dumb to email him and not williston consulting about the problem :D

Well that still leaves a few questions:

what's a wiki? why can't I see the verification text on the forums? and why wouldn't he put his email up?

deldelda said:

Gropes with the zdoom website:

1. No admin email link on main site

2. Can't see 'verification code' when I try to sign up on forums (I can do that on BOTH ticketmaster AND neopets (neopets used solely for scamming people :D)

3. THEN I click on 'If you can't see the code, contact the admin' and there's a link on the word admin. I click. Guess what, up pops a blank email box with NO ADMIN EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO.

4. WTF is a 'Wiki' anyway?

randy. please. update. site. make. better.

The reason I'm wanting to cantact him so badly is because my WadAuthor-ZDoom .wcf file is screwing up WadAuthor. I've downloaded it many times, and it still freezes when I load a level with the zdoom .wcf file. It says 'please send an error report blah blah' piece of SH*T.

I NEED ANSWERS! Sure, ZDoom IS the best port made ever. But why does the site have to be so SH*TTY?

SOMEONE HELP! Please ...

And presumably, posting at DW (where Randy never goes) is a good way to make your voice heard. Ever tried the ZDoom forums?

1. You could PM Randy.
2. I don't remember any trouble signing up, maybe your browser's security setting is too high?
3. Ditto.
4. A collection of tutorials/guides/docs etc. that users can add to and edit.

Dunno what's up with your wcf, maybe you're using the wrong one - there's a ZDoom/Hexen one (normal ZDoom) and a ZDoom/Boom one (Boom, but with ZDoom text lumps). Either that or something's up with the map you're trying to load. (as it's a problem with the map that normally causes those crashes with a big block of error code)

deldelda said:

(neopets used solely for scamming people :D)

My little sister has two screen names: yurblesrule35 and yurblesrule36. Do me a favor?

That seemed a particularly pointless bump. Please refrain from doing such things.