Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

dumbs you HATED to play

Ayu said:

WormS 3D, too many bugs, and bad g-fix ruined the worms license.

Or just because it was 3D...? Worms was NEVER meant to be in 3D.

Fantavision

old ps2 game

the object was to launch fireworks or something

the fireworks were cool but god damn that game really sucked

Ayu said:

gayer

Are you retarded or is this just temporary?

Dude, are you looking for people to disagree with you?

Heh. Here goes.

Ayu said:

HeretiC 2, I mean WTF happened? HeretiC 1 was great and then some company grabs the license and makes it a 3rd person borefest.

Heretic II was created by the same group that made the other games in the series.

Quake3, UnrealTournament ripoff with bad physics engine.

Err no, Quake III was announced first. A lot of people are prone to thinking the exact opposite of what you wrote. I maintian the belief that it is coincidence.

Unreal (and "return to na pali" expansion), Awful graphics, awful levels, awful storyline.

Unreal was by far the most advanced thing out there when it was released. No idea what you're talking about here.

DooM2, I know this is blasphomy, but Doom2 just didn't do it for me, I just didn't like any of the levels, which killed the fun.

I'm not crazy about id's maps in this game, but come on -- the ssg is what really counts in DOOM II. That weapon changed dm forever. As a game, really, it is simply better designed than the first. IMO.

Mmm yeah.

mje said:
Unreal was by far the most advanced thing out there when it was released. No idea what you're talking about here.

Advanced yes, but that doesn't mean everyone necessarily found it fun to play. I personally liked the gameworld, but other than that found it pretty dull.

Personally I prefer Doom 1 to Doom 2, but again that's just a matter of opinion.

Time to reveal the games I hate.

Zelda 1: Well, it's the NES, so I give it some credit, but jeez, no reason to put the player in a state of having no clue whatsoever.

Metroid 1: Much the same as above. Also, I didn't like the password system.

Final Fantasy 1: The other games are alright to me(except 8, 10, and 10-2), but this one is probably the biggest headache in the world. WHY do you not get a hint whatsoever as to where anything is, WHY do all of the towns look the same, and WHY am I even supposed to bother in the first place?

Rouge Squadron on the 64: I like a challenge, but this is rediculous. Not only that but the visuals are kind of dirty, but that's probably just because it's for the 64.

Dark Forces(an old Build engine(I think) Star Wars game): WORST LEVEL DESIGN EVER. Not only that, but it's a pain to run on newer systems.

lerner said:

Dark Forces(an old Build engine(I think) Star Wars game): WORST LEVEL DESIGN EVER. Not only that, but it's a pain to run on newer systems.

Dark Forces is cool. And it uses a custom engine called 'Jedi'.

Heh, should have figured, because there never was any room over room that I can remember.

Turok, any of em. The movement makes me want to puke. The graphics and play in the game are really good, but that walking thing is awful.

Funny you would mention that. Well... if you're talking about using the c buttons to move forward/backward and strafe, while using the analog to look and turn.

After I played Turok (96), I found it TERRIBLY hard to play console fps games any other way. That's the way I ended up playing GoldenEye and Perfect Dark.

It is a reflection of the WASD/mouse movement in PC fps games, I would guess.

Vice City

I finally gave into the hype and bought the Xbox double pack. I gave it about 3 hours and then I felt sick thinking how much money I had wasted on a game I would never, ever want to touch again. I'll never take mainstream gaming journalism seriously again.

deus ex 2... I couldn't make myself play the demo for more than 5 mins. also black & white sucked to play and HL: Blue Shift was dull as dirt.

Cyb said:

deus ex 2... I couldn't make myself play the demo for more than 5 mins.

pshh...i spent AT LEAST 5 minutes (maybe even 30 or 40) throwing boxes and barrels and random shit at everyone...sadly, that is about all that game has to offer

Captain Red said:

You suck.

Now just to be clear, do I suck because of my opinion on a video game, some other reason, or just in general?

Richo Rosai said:
Now just to be clear, do I suck because of my opinion on a video game, some other reason, or just in general?

I have quickly and accurately defined your entire character based on the reasons you stated for disliking vice city. If you can think of a better method of evaluating a mans worth, I'd like to here it.

Veddge said:

Anyone here ever played Solomon's Key for the NES? I hate that game the music is terrible and everything about it is bad.

Can I put a bullet in his head? pleeeeease? PLEEEASE?

Solomon's Key rocked hard. you just sucked at it.

As for section Z: I know what part you're talking about. I actually broke that damned loop once. but I still lost to one of the minibosses along the way.

D2 Expansion: I'll agree partly on this one. The Assassin was highly unbalanced. The rest was alright.

Now hmm. as for games that SUCKED?

Doom. Imps throw fireballs! It sucks!

Captain Red said:

I have quickly and accurately defined your entire character based on the reasons you stated for disliking vice city.

I didn't give any reasons.

Captain Red said:

If you can think of a better method of evaluating a mans worth, I'd like to here it.

Misspellings, perhaps?

Richo Rosai said:

I didn't give any reasons.

I think his whole point was "u h8 Vice City OMG U su><><or!!!"

Personally, I played both GTA 3 and Vice City and hated both of them. I even had an article up once about why they were so bad, but I took it down, though I'm heavily considering putting it back up. Mostly I found the games to be completely shallow and lack gameplay.

I mean WOW, you can beat up FACELESS DRONES and STEAL CARS by pressing a button! Then you can cruise around until the vehicle is totalled, and simply pick up a new one! Oh, and you can go ANYWHERE... well, almost. And, once you go somewhere, you can... ummm... change your clothes, save your game, choose to go on a mission, or, ummm, beat up faceless drones and steal cars.

THIS is supposed to be fun? Let's face it, the entire game was made to appeal to horny, nihilistic teenagers who want to live out their testosterone fantasies and wank off to the sluts. Yet THIS kind of sh-- becomes insanely popular, while games with DEPTH and GAMEPLAY (such as King's Field) only attain, at most, cult popularity (or, at worst, get panned for not having enough FMVs or whatever other arbitrary reasons the magazines can come up with).

In response to the comment about gaming media... Personally I stopped taking the gaming media seriously a long time ago, when two magazines I used to like--Game Players and Nintendo Power--went downhill. Game Players used to be an intelligent magazine, but then they became retarded, and started injecting juvenile "humor" into the magazines. It was "funny" in the same way as the Tom Green Show... retards and seriously disturbed people would enjoy it. Anyone else would just find it amoral, disgusting, and/or annoying.

Nintendo Power was biased admittedly, but that was okay because no one read Nintendo Power for the reviews--they read it because every flippin' issue contained a bunch of miniature strategy guides. Then they stopped doing this (well, they didn't, but they severely lessened their coverage) and the entire magazine became nothing more than a bunch of fanboys raving about how great Nintendo was. Just check the letters section--before 1998, there used to actually be INTERESTING letters. AFTER 1998, however, every last letter was nothing but "Nintendo rox!" (well, with one exception--there were actually a few people who wrote in COMPLAINING about those types of letters, and I think the magazine answered with "If you don't like it, don't read it.")

I followed that advice, cancelled my subscription to the magazine, and never picked up another gaming magazine since. My title is wrong... it's not that I "think all new games suck" (which is actually 100% untrue), it's the INDUSTRY I have a problem with.

chilvence said:

You have all that pent up frustration, and you cant even take it out on GTA. :( :( :(

Frankly, I can't even PLAY games when I'm frustrated. Usually it just makes it even worse. I prefer to instead find the roots of my problems and fix them somehow. In this case, it was enough for me that I got to state my stance on the issue, regardless of wether anyone actually read/will read it and will actually agree.

Richo Rosai said:

I gave it about 3 hours

How far'd you get? The game doesn't really get super-duper brilliant until you have several sources of work.

Captain Red said:
I have quickly and accurately defined your entire character based on the reasons you stated for disliking vice city. If you can think of a better method of evaluating a mans worth, I'd like to here it.

JamesEightBitStar said:
I think his whole point was "u h8 Vice City OMG U su><><or!!!"

Oh deary me. This simply won’t do at all.

You see, Richo Rosai and JamesEightBitStar, I didn't really define your entire character based on your dislike of vice city, I instead, just gave the most ridiculous answer I could think of to what was, In my opinion, a silly and pointless question that I thought was asked in jest. For you see, my plan was to reply with this absurd expiation for my 'you suck' remark, and give Richo Rosai and myself a chuckle. What I hadn't counted on was your inability to decipher 'Sarcasm':

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Fun facts about sarcasm!

Did you know that many doomworld regulars often use sarcasm in there day to day posting?

Did you know that, while sarcasm is considered the lowest from of wit, it is still %100 better then having no wit at all?

Did you know that failure to recognize sarcasm may cause fellow posters to believe that you are, what is often referred to as “a mong?”

Did you know that this entire thread could be considered ‘sarcastic’?

So hopefully, with theses lesions learned, we can avoid embarrassing situations like these, and we can all stride to a better tomorrow, where sarcasm is used and enjoyed by members of all races and all creeds.

Trasher][ said:
How far'd you get? The game doesn't really get super-duper brilliant until you have several sources of work.

I think if he's played it for three hours and didn't like it, he's not gonna like it, period.

When I play games, I find that I usually know whether I'm gonna hate or like them in the first five MINUTES (even though I usually give them thirty minutes to an hour to be sure). To me "You have to get to the good parts first" is no excuse, because games are about being fun and if they're not fun right out of the box, then something's seriously wrong.

It surprises me how everybody who bashes Warcraft 3 bashes it for its graphics, and never mentions its gameplay. Frankly, I like Warcraft 3 and its cartoony style graphics and gameplay, which is why it makes it so great.

As for games I h8 OMGZ11!1!1!1!!!

Soul Calibur 2: Sure, this game was great at first, but I HATE the attacks in this game. An attack that should be a low hit hits medium... Like say, Asteroth's low swing thing hits medium even though it CLEARLY cleaves low. The attack break also pisses me off.