Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

A map based on my kid dreams in '94

That's right, in March nobody knew about this but I had made a map called OldSkoolLevel. Based on an idea and how maps were made in 94, this had some superior over the others. Like usual pretty bad but was non-linear as you would have to go back and forth, and possibly some things that doom2.exe wouldn't handle. Tested with zdoom and works fine but here it is:

http://ee.domaindlx.com/ShadowRealm/OldSkoolLevel.wad

Basically it was December of 94 and I had just turned 5 years old. While I didn't know about editors for DooM and DooMII, I had a thought about the doomguy stranded in a helipad center on water. So I mapped this out during the depressed month(March). Skill level is pretty tough on this so watch out, and sorry if I caused any eyebleeds.
And yes, I'm well aware of the end level sky error.

If you made this map in '94 why would you have then called it oldskoollevel?

Edit: Oh Wait. Are you syaing you made this in 94 or made it recently after an idea you had in 94?

Bloodskull said:

Like I said, it's an idea from 1994. Kid's don't think like that.

Yea but you mapped it 10 years later dude.

Yeah, so? I don't think a five year old would know that the internet has editors for download, let alone even know what he's doing when he's just now learning how to draw circles and squares.

Wow, a noob map. It's playable and not too boring, but, yeah. I thought you were good.

Bloodskull said:

Yeah, so? I don't think a five year old would know that the internet has editors for download, let alone even know what he's doing when he's just now learning how to draw circles and squares.

You mean to tell me that kids now days can't figure out how to draw circles and squares until the age of 5? I must have been a genius, then! Uh oh, I could read and write as well.. that must make me some sort of child prodigy! (Not really)

No, I meant kids in the 90's.
Now if I were to remake this to our standards, it would be completely diffrent and playable, but I'm too lazy to open the editor except for editing the levels for T7D.

Pretty nice map. If you were aiming to capture the feel that some of the "Best of 1994" wads gave us, you certainly did. Sure, it has some noobish mistakes such as open sectors and your basic "OMG-texture-misalignment" bugs, but other than that it's not bad for a noob map. If you were to practice mapping and refine your skills and redo this map, I'd bet it would be even cooler. A good wad.

Bloodskull said:

I made it recently in March 04 as a idea from 94.

Bloodskull then said:

I do have skills, this was made when I actually didn't.

Hah, okay bud.

chubz said:

Hey bloodskull, check your Private Messages - i'm sure you remember who I am.

^^

I THOUGHT I BANNED YOU! REMEMBER, I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR OF DOOMWORLD. BE GONE!

:)