Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Painkiller

Finally picked this game up recently, there was a lot of hype about it, needless to say I can't stop playing the fucker.

Am I the only one who thought that after usinbg the stake gun that I don't understand how any other game could be fun without one?

The stakegun is a pretty amusing weapon, but also fairly simple and not the most effective one available in the game. Only the default painkiller weapon is less effective, IMO. As for other games, the stakegun is more like a toned down railgun with a twist on the ammunition, so it's not something I'd call truly inspired (a weapon like the wraithverge from hexen would qualify for that).

I do enjoy nailing down a zombie or ninja, though. :)

I just gotta say its one of the more enjoyable FPS's out lately.

Speaking of which, I've found it next to impossible to beat the monastery level in PK. I've killed almost all the enemies and have scoured the level for the next area to go, but no dice. I haven't been able to find a walkthru or substantial FAQ so I'm out of luck. Anyone know if I might be forgetting something?

Before I head to bed (I have work tomorrow) I'll help you maybe somewhat through the Old Monastery level. I have played Painkiller through so many times now and it keeps getting better every time.

I can't really TELL you where the enemies are, but if you've not yet entered the actual monastery (biggest building in the game, winding inset staircase), you need to scour around the area with the hangman, and trigger the event for the spawning of a few evil monks. This will also bring out some of those scythe-wielding bastards that poison you too. Due to the complexity of this level, you really need to SEARCH for the enemies subsequent to every skirmish before entering the temple. Be sure to check the small "church" (with the Holy Item at the roof), and near the beginning.

Sometimes you'll have to go back to previously visited areas, my friend.

Job said:

Speaking of which, I've found it next to impossible to beat the monastery level in PK. I've killed almost all the enemies and have scoured the level for the next area to go, but no dice. I haven't been able to find a walkthru or substantial FAQ so I'm out of luck. Anyone know if I might be forgetting something?

It's a bug. Are you using 1.2? This should be fixed.

Sometimes the bug happens if you rush down the baddies to quickily in that room.

Job said:

1) You may have to reload the level and 2) You need all 5 pentagrams