Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mivalekan

Zdoom screwin up

Whenever I put my resolution below 1024x768 in fullscreen (in window its fine) the picture is all screwed up. The pixels are everywhere and I can't see a thing. How do I fix this?

Mivalekan said:

The pixels are everywhere

Where else would they be?

Bashe said:
You might have wanted to put this in the "Source Ports" forum.

I agree.

Mivalekan, try reinstalling or updating your video drivers. If that doesn't change anything, you'll probably have to stick to lower resolutions.

Nah, I fixed it. =)

And my game only did that with the low resolutions. The problem is with 1024x768 my game starts to lag... so yeah.

ZDoom doesn't seem to switch between screen resolutions like others do. I think it can only be full screen with the resolution you have. IOW, if your screen is set to 1024x768, then fullscreen ZDoom must also be set to this default or you get all that garbled crap that cannot be read.

You can reinstall it, or edit the config file in notepad to change the default resolution. I can't recall the exact line, but open the file and you'll find it. Something like set vid and there are two lines to change.

psyren said:

ZDoom doesn't seem to switch between screen resolutions like others do. I think it can only be full screen with the resolution you have. IOW, if your screen is set to 1024x768, then fullscreen ZDoom must also be set to this default or you get all that garbled crap that cannot be read.

I presume you are using version 1.22 or something like that. This problem doesn't occur in the more recent betas.