Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liam

Sen. John Edwards is John Kerry's VP Nominee

Is this election going to be a 'lesser of two evils' type thing again, or is Kerry an actually good candidate to the American presidency?

I dunno, Kerry's not that bad actually. He's talking a lot of stuff that I personally like to hear canidates talk about but I know all that can change once he takes office. I'll have to do some research about what he's done in the past holding other offices but so far he's looking pretty good.

He's ex-military too, that's a plus in my book.

The one thing about him that worries me is that he hasn't said anything about the current war in Iraq. He hasn't stated any plans about how he plans to handle that, and that's a pretty big issue right now. If he was thinking about pulling out as soon as he was elected I don't know that I would agree.

-E

Endureth said:

The one thing about him that worries me is that he hasn't said anything about the current war in Iraq. He hasn't stated any plans about how he plans to handle that, and that's a pretty big issue right now. If he was thinking about pulling out as soon as he was elected I don't know that I would agree.

-E

Kerry's policy on Iraq

To establish security and move forward with the transition to Iraqi sovereignty, the President must show true leadership in going to the major powers to secure their support of Lakhdar Brahimi’s mission, the establishment of a high commissioner for governance and reconstruction, and the creation of a NATO mission for Iraq.

spank said:

Is this election going to be a 'lesser of two evils' type thing again, or is Kerry an actually good candidate to the American presidency?

No, it's the lesser of two evils thing again.

in this type of governemnt i dont think we can have a truely great man who can be a great president. every president i know have has made dumb mistakes that end up costing us alot down the road. example, iraq and modern terrorist. we gave them weapons and training to fight soviets. well at the time we were the lesser of 2 evils. i cant help but think that people we train now will be fighting us 20 years later.

fodders said:

Kerry's policy on Iraq

To establish security and move forward with the transition to Iraqi sovereignty, the President must show true leadership in going to the major powers to secure their support of Lakhdar Brahimi’s mission, the establishment of a high commissioner for governance and reconstruction, and the creation of a NATO mission for Iraq.

Good call with the link. It didn't even occur to me to look online for political stuff since I only use this box for gaming, lol.

-E

Sephiroth said:

in this type of governemnt i dont think we can have a truely great man who can be a great president. every president i know have has made dumb mistakes that end up costing us alot down the road. example, iraq and modern terrorist. we gave them weapons and training to fight soviets. well at the time we were the lesser of 2 evils. i cant help but think that people we train now will be fighting us 20 years later.

Well, the Europeans are starting to hate us because of what BUSH is doing. And many other nations are hating us too. Watch Farenheight (Spelling?) 9/11 and see what the grieving muslims are saying about us. Bush has caused that.

Welcome to Bush Bash Thread #10858 Presented by doomworld.com/VB

Please enjoy constructive opinions relating to why Bush sucks before and after this interjection.

Here are other notable things to look for:

"The world hates the USA!"
"Bush is the antichrist!"
"It's because of Oil Grubbing Bush that the world will end!"
"blahlblahlblahlblahlablah"

Again, enjoy your stay here in thread #24789!

I bet Ralphis is one of those kids who's only republican because their parents tell them to.

Ralphis said:

"The world hates the USA!"
"Bush is the antichrist!"
"It's because of Oil Grubbing Bush that the world will end!"
"blahlblahlblahlblahlablah"

I doubt if the world hates the USA, it's always seemed to me to be "The world hates US foreign policy".

What's the difference between Republicans and Democrats? The lies they tell you to get your votes.

Vote independent!

Grimm said:

What's the difference between Republicans and Democrats? The lies they tell you to get your votes.

Vote independent!

The opposite of a Democrat= a Republican.

Democrats are on the opposite side of the Republicans on the political spectrum.

Here's an example

<-Kerry-------------Ross-+-Perot-------------Bush--->
Left Right

sorry if that's a bad drawing but that is my version of the political spectrum

I did not know that. Did you know that, Garth?"
"No, Wayne, I did not know that."

Politics used to confuse the shit out of me-- and then I saw Doomaddict's diagram. Now it's clear as day. Democrats are left-handed, Republicans are right-handed, and Ross Perot is ambidextrous.

doomaddict said:

Democrats are on the opposite side of the Republicans on the political spectrum.

Here's an example

<-Kerry-------------Ross-+-Perot-------------Bush--->
Left Right

sorry if that's a bad drawing but that is my version of the political spectrum

IT WAS A JOKE YOU STUPID, STUPID ASSHOLE

Conservative Republicans are usually close to the far right wing (not extreme tho, even though some of them might "temper" their speech).
Democrats are what would be considered in Europe as "centrists" not really left and not really right.

US is notable because left wing people are not really allowed as real parties. Left wing includes communists (extreme left), ecology "green" people and the middle to center left people (close to democrats but more for the poor and middle class than Democrats).

I personally think that two parties only sucks, can you really call that a democracy?

doomaddict said:

More like:

Democrat = Republican

Our two party system is a lie.

Danarchy said:

More like:

Democrat = Republican

That's the fourth dumbest thing I've ever heard.

John Edwards!? The guy that can speak with your dead relatives?!

:D

Danarchy said:

More like:

Democrat = Republican

ALIENS EXIST! THE GOVERNMENT IS LYING TO YOU.

Danarchy said:

More like:

Democrat = Republican

What is the difference in what you said and what DA said?

I said the complete opposite of what he said. Seriously, the only differences between the parties are aesthetic. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry for you.

I see the democrats are using a highly contrasting election plan from what the republicans used; have your dumbass candidate run with a young creepy guy as opposed to an old creepy guy.

Grimm said:

Vote independent!

Voting independent in this election would in most cases boil down to a vote for Bush.

<---NADER------------------------------Kerry---------BUSH--->
VERY VERY LEFT---------------------LEFT----------RIGHT
People who are left extremists would vote for Nader because they hate Bush and don't know shit about Kerry. Well, in that case probably anyone who hates Bush and is reluctant to vote for Kerry either because they don't want to vote for a democrat, or because they don't want know enough about Kerry. So Kerry is losing votes that he could gain from people who want Bush out. A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush in the end, because *giggle*... does Nader have a chance?

Maybe people who vote for Nader do so because they know Kerry TOO well. I certainly would if I wasn't trying to get Emperor Bush out of office. Also,

<DAN----------------------NADER-------------------------------Kerry---------BUSH--->
SERIOUSLY, WTF----------VERY VERY LEFT---------------------LEFT----------RIGHT

That's where I am on your scale. :D