Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

What the heck is this?

Quake is a miserable pile of brown and blue shit in slow motion.

You just don't get it, do you? FUCKING 256 COLORS, MAN!!

And Doom?

OK, so I agree quake wasn't exactly very colourful. But then, Niether was Q2. They were both for the most part a few shades of brown throughout the entire game. The Lava was the brightest thing in both games. Don't go getting me wrong thinking that they should have had sun-kissed meadows with little bunny rabbits or whatever, the mood dictated the colour schemes. But they could have done better than that surely? I liked Quake becuase there was a lot of originality in there. The only thing I found original in Quake 2 was the Railgun, and new enemies. (Which by the way, I thought most of sucked).
A couple of things really made up my mind about it though. The end boss SUCKED. It was feeble! OK, so Quake's end boss wasn't exactly the best in the world, but then, most end bosses of games are a disappoinment for most people.
Second, the end sequence. It was OK until the very end, where the guy stuck his hand up. That was just soooo tacky.
Also, it led you up to something, like the 'big gun' part, then it flopped. That part sucked. Overall, I thought that it was just badly put together. Fair enough, the Singleplayer was tacked on as an after thought, but they couldv'e done better than that.

Jeez, that's the longest post I've written in ages...

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/member.php?action=viewprofile&UserName=maWREHGwE
http://www.doomworld.com/forums/member.php?action=viewprofile&UserName=dj82h7fg832
http://www.doomworld.com/forums/member.php?action=viewprofile&UserName=tfj298WFG4W4

etc...

still nobody can tell me what exactly is this?

OK, so I agree quake wasn't exactly very colourful. But then, Niether was Q2. They were both for the most part a few shades of brown throughout the entire game. The Lava was the brightest thing in both games. Don't go getting me wrong thinking that they should have had sun-kissed meadows with little bunny rabbits or whatever, the mood dictated the colour schemes. But they could have done better than that surely? I liked Quake becuase there was a lot of originality in there. The only thing I found original in Quake 2 was the Railgun, and new enemies. (Which by the way, I thought most of sucked).
A couple of things really made up my mind about it though. The end boss SUCKED. It was feeble! OK, so Quake's end boss wasn't exactly the best in the world, but then, most end bosses of games are a disappoinment for most people.
Second, the end sequence. It was OK until the very end, where the guy stuck his hand up. That was just soooo tacky.
Also, it led you up to something, like the 'big gun' part, then it flopped. That part sucked. Overall, I thought that it was just badly put together. Fair enough, the Singleplayer was tacked on as an after thought, but they couldv'e done better than that.

Jeez, that's the longest post I've written in ages...

hardly imagine Doom3 can be really colurful either. So far the screenshots we have seen are really dark, except the fire shot which is an excellent one. Bathroom scene isn't that bad. However, it is still missing some outdoor environment scenes that gamers always hoping to have in game.

That's funny, Doom has a much less optimized pallete and it has sun kissed meadows and a bunny rabbit. Well, part of a bunny rabbit anyway.

Shadow Warrior and Hexen 2 have fucking amazing palletes. I really don't care that Quake is all brown, what bothers me about it is that it is so damn slow and boring. I prefer Quake 2, definitely, although in itself it is just an average game with an above average engine.