Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer9

Favorite non doom music genre to listen to while playing doom

Stuff like fear factory is cool. I guess that a lot of the doom levels take place in hi-tech areas and in hell, cyber metal matches some of the game levels.

I think that's what the topic is referring to by saying "non doom music genre." Heh

some times i'll listen frank zappa or slayer. sometimes i turn off the games music and crank the volume up as high as i can get it. That ticks my niegboors off real bad.

Dittohead said:

Slayer goes really well with Doom. No wonder they ripped a few of the songs into Doom2 for midis. I forget which levels though.

All three of the levels I released had slayer songs in them, they weren't really that great gameplay wise.

Baphomet, TTD, RipTear

Maybe I'll put something better out, one day... heh.

I like to listen to sounds of women having orgasms while I play doom while I stick five dildo's up my arse and crank up my male virbrator to "combust" setting making me blow over 3 pints of cum in one orgasm! Howevery sometimes I just like to listen to beethoven.

POTGIESSER said:

All three of the levels I released had slayer songs in them, they weren't really that great gameplay wise.

Baphomet, TTD, RipTear

Maybe I'll put something better out, one day... heh.

Fun fact: All of my doom levels are named after Slayer songs :)

Dittohead said:

Fun fact: All of my doom levels are named after Slayer songs :)

I played your Manditory Suicide map. Good stuff.

Rob McKai said:

I like to listen to sounds of women having orgasms while I play doom while I stick five dildo's up my arse and crank up my male virbrator to "combust" setting making me blow over 3 pints of cum in one orgasm! Howevery sometimes I just like to listen to beethoven.

You need to stop making posts like this, you know.

Grazza said:

You need to stop making posts like this, you know.

Do you suppose he might be The Big Rob?

Children of Bodom, Godflesh, Ministry, Yngwie Malmsteen, GG Allin.. you name it

Yes I am the Big Robb, but please love me, you will once you get to know me, I need to start releasing my wads (not cum) some of them are actually ok.

Rob McKai said:

Make another post like that and you're out!

POTGIESSER said:

Unless of course there's a band Called "Let the bodies hit the floor." Slayer, Pantera, Dimmu Borgir, Lacuna Coil, Monster Magnet, Cradle of Filth, In Flames, I could list for too long.

maybe you could but if that snippet is any indication then a good half of your list would also be nowhere close to being death metal.

mje said:

NPR.

Hell yea. That gangster talk radio pumps me up.

I pop in the same soundtrack they have in Iraq in Farenheit-911, the ozzfest one(with let the bodies hit the floor). 'The roof is on fire' is such an awesome song.

Sometimes I just listen to ratm.

1) The track is called 'Bodies' by Drowning Pool (poor dead bastard).
2) Most thrash and industrial tracks compliments Doom well.

Liam said:

maybe you could but if that snippet is any indication then a good half of your list would also be nowhere close to being death metal.

True. Tell me at what point did I state that any of the bands I was listing off were death metal? They all fall under the genre of metal. Much like the song listed that I said was not death metal.

Usually Black Metal. Such as Dimmu Borgir, Horna, Ulver, etc.

Danarchy said:

Did someone say Monster Magnet?

Yeah I stand corrected with Monster Magnet, they'd be hard rock. They got some really good albums, and some real shit ones, I like 'em.

I really enjoy listening to some of the Konami music, like Castlevania when dooming.

i like Theatre of tragedy, specially while playing E3. Others would be Tristania, Iron Maiden, and the occasional One (the song from Metallica, not a band). For Heretic, Rhapsody rules!

If I'm playing a level where it's really intense and I'm on the edge of my seat, I throw on some Gabber or Hardcore techno. Also applicable is Rammstein in such situations. If I'm just playing for fun, I'll listen to anything from Cake to Paul Oakenfold. I play to some Barry White to set the mood if I'm playing deathmatch.

When I'm playing atmospheric wads, I will listen to PSX Doom music. Whenever something happens in a wad that's intense (blackout, something scary) I'll play a certain song that I wish I could get out of my head now (I think about it at night and it keeps me up it's so creepy). :P