Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

pwned.nl -- funny video

POTGIESSER said:

Apparently. I still remain a little skeptical about it when I heard it. But it wouldn't suprise me. Considering there was a guy who lost his lvl99 everquest account and committed suicide.

THAT'S true?!

Piezo said:

I thought that was a Realm account, maybe that happened on the Realm as well?

Apparently he went to log into his acccount and it no longer existed, so suicide seemed like a viable option. There's actually people out there that are on welfare and spend their lives in a MMORPG.

POTGIESSER said:

Apparently he went to log into his acccount and it no longer existed, so suicide seemed like a viable option. There's actually people out there that are on welfare and spend their lives in a MMORPG.

Actually I know someone who...I better not get into details, but he is about 25 and refuses to work more than 20 hours a week because more work would get into the way of his games. Yeah yeah yeah he's screwed up but about the lost account, I heard it was somehow lost or hacked and it was more than one case. I guess I'll have the ask who told me about it.

Piezo said:

Actually I know someone who...I better not get into details, but he is about 25 and refuses to work more than 20 hours a week because more work would get into the way of his games. Yeah yeah yeah he's screwed up but about the lost account, I heard it was somehow lost or hacked and it was more than one case. I guess I'll have the ask who told me about it.

Yeah that's when you need to admit that you have a problem. Does he even know what females look like?

I've seen Everquest on the news and they were talking about how one spouse would divorce the other because all their spouse would do is play the game. Cases of it happening with both sexes. Oh well, I guess they could be smoking crack and injecting heroin instead. They were talking about how some people dubbed it "EverCrack"

POTGIESSER said:

Apparently. I still remain a little skeptical about it when I heard it. But it wouldn't suprise me. Considering there was a guy who lost his lvl99 everquest account and committed suicide.

You can't go up to level 99 in Everquest. Right now the max is 65, but I have read about the suicide. The guy did a /shout saying he was going to kill himself because he died and didn't retrieve his body in time, so he lost everything.

Janderson said:

The screams were the best bits.
I nearly fell out of my chair.

Definately. Those were great "EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

MMORPG's stink, people are so fucking serious about their items, and if you steal something, you can be "hunted" (targeted) in the game or in real life.

MANY, MANY people will commit suicide or kill others if they lose something really powerful (or a lot of money, or a high level character), which is sad because that shows that people take MMORPG's more seriously than their own life, and they are willing to end innocent lives over a STUPID GAME.

The only DOOM incident I heard about was with

and

http://columbine.free2host.net/dylan/pics/dylanc.jpg

--- Picture too large ---

but perhaps it was not associated with DOOM but with something else.

SOME EXAMPLES OF MMORPG'S INCLUDE:

runescape.com
tibia.com
Phantasy Star Online (I don't know the website)
Ultima Online
Conquer

and who knows how many more.

I am guessing that at least 1 million people have played an MMORPG.

Alientank said:

What happened to those two? Kill eachother?

They are the Colombine High School shooters!

Top guy is Eric Harris

Bottom guy is Dylan Klebold.

There must be a Doom MMORPG. Combined with the blazing common sense and self-restraint all DW forum members exhibit daily, we can all enjoy playing Doom in a massive online community sans the suicides.

This thread is old (page 2 on everything else) but it lists some more MMORPG's. Feel free to discuss any weird behavior (homicidal of suicidal threats, etc.) I'm not sure if that thread should be bumped up though (ask an admin or mod).

All doom had in common with Columbine was that it was their favourite game. It did not inspire the shootings.
It was simply the work of a Psychopath and a Depressive.
There is no proof for your crazy talk.

Ha, I was playing Cs today in a server running a warcraft3 mod and I'll be honest with you, these were the smartest cs players I've seen. They type regularly, they don't accuse of hacking everytime they die and certainly I haven't seen anyone hack on the server.....yet. Plus they got some really good people in that server.

Janderson said:

All doom had in common with Columbine was that it was their favourite game. It did not inspire the shootings.
It was simply the work of a Psychopath and a Depressive.
There is no proof for your crazy talk.

Video games don't make you more violent and I'll kill anyone that disagrees with me! =)

Bloodskull said:

Ha, I was playing Cs today in a server running a warcraft3 mod and I'll be honest with you, these were the smartest cs players I've seen. They type regularly, they don't accuse of hacking everytime they die and certainly I haven't seen anyone hack on the server.....yet. Plus they got some really good people in that server.

To be honsest - that whole "CS people are all idiots" and "CS sucks" thing is just a fad. I've never seen anyone EVER being accused of cheating in Counter-Strike, and I've never seen anyone act like a total idiot. They act just like they do in every other online game, including DOOM.

Now, back with CS was starting to gain serious popularity, it may've been much worse then. I just think the global community of online gamers, as a whole, has matured very much -- even to the point of acting semi-grown-up.

POTGIESSER said:

Video games don't make you more violent and I'll kill anyone that disagrees with me! =)

I didn't know you are a dictator!

the whole ban and kick features has been a god send.

one of the funniest things was kids online posting nazi stuff in half-life. with names like XxHITLERxX or KKKnigkilr and sprays of swastikas and other nazis symbols. also spouting out, "hail hitler" and shit.

i actually saw that alot in half-life. though in ET if a player was acting up it was vote to kick time.

Sephiroth said:

the whole ban and kick features has been a god send.

one of the funniest things was kids online posting nazi stuff in half-life. with names like XxHITLERxX or KKKnigkilr and sprays of swastikas and other nazis symbols. also spouting out, "hail hitler" and shit.

i actually saw that alot in half-life. though in ET if a player was acting up it was vote to kick time.

It happens on DOOMWORLD as well (not as often, but still) Check out this dudes profile.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4115

That was ok... until the school shooting scene. I thought that was a bit unecessary. The rest was ok. The artwork was uhh... unique. Oh and that screech was hilarious.

Lizardcommando said:

That was ok... until the school shooting scene. I thought that was a bit unecessary. The rest was ok. The artwork was uhh... unique. Oh and that screech was hilarious.

Well, the shooting scene is not funny, but it brings up a point.

Many people who lose valuable characters, items, tons of money, etc. are stupid enough to kill people. This guy happens to be one of them.

doomaddict said:

Well, the shooting scene is not funny, but it brings up a point.

Many people who lose valuable characters, items, tons of money, etc. are stupid enough to kill people. This guy happens to be one of them.

It's just extremely dark humor. It's also an interesting interperatation of the sickness that is our society.

POTGIESSER said:

It's just extremely dark humor. It's also an interesting interperatation of the sickness that is our society.

What scares the hell out of me is that this is REALITY.

It's scary to know that some people are sick enough to kill innocent people over a STUPID ONLINE GAME.

I also believe that the "admins" can control these people's MINDS, their FEELINGS. If the admins wanted some people to KILL, they could simply remove their accounts, or take away valuable assets to the character.

I think we should have a poll, asking whether Massive Multiplayer Online Games should be banned.

doomaddict said:

I think we should have a poll, asking whether Massive Multiplayer Online Games should be banned.

Even though I'm not a big fan of MMORPG's and such, I still think that idea is really illogical and just plain stupid. It won't work.

doomaddict said:

Why?