Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Photoshauwpe

I'm a total NEWBEY when it comes to Photoshop. How do people make such real looking images that are fake? How do they edit stuff so well it looks seamless?

It just takes alot of practice and a very, very steady hand, since alot of work on photoshop jobs goes into making selections and cutting and stuff and a bunch of other stuff. I've been using it for about a year now, and I do stuff like these with it:

(Sig for another forum)

(Banner I made for a friend's website)

Like Melfice said, it takes lot of practice. Learn what you can about all the tools and filters. Adobe provides a pretty thorough help option, so your bases should be pretty well covered.

Actually, I did those both in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7. I'm sure you could do the same thing with Adobe, though. Actually I'm positive you can, I've messed around with it before.

My sister says Photoshop is better than PSP. I wouldn't know first hand, since I only have PSP 4.

Piezo said:

My sister says Photoshop is better than PSP. I wouldn't know first hand, since I only have PSP 4.

I remember when I used paintshop pro....

Well, I went to somethingawful.com and they had some pretty funny photoshop fake pictures. I wondered how the did some of the text on fake games. I thought maybe PS could emulate different texts no matter how weird and I could go with that. Maybe it is just a cut and paste job.

Bashe said:

I wondered how the did some of the text on fake games.

Uhh.. the same way that the original box art was made maybe?

Bashe said:

Well, I went to somethingawful.com and they had some pretty funny photoshop fake pictures. I wondered how the did some of the text on fake games. I thought maybe PS could emulate different texts no matter how weird and I could go with that. Maybe it is just a cut and paste job.

As long as you're not using it to make ridiculously large sig banners you'll be fine.