Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkyNet

A New TC Conversion based upon the Terminator games

Hello. My name is Skynet and I'm new to the boards.
Just recently, I have stumbled upon the old Bethesda Softworks games, entitled Terminator: 2029, Terminator: Rampage, Terminator: Future Shock, and Terminator: SkyNet. I've played all of them and don't look back to them kindly. SkyNet was cool, Future Shock was allright, and the rest sucked.
I'm here to announce that I am working on a Total Conversion for the latest Zdoom engine, entitled Terminator: Reprogrammed Edition, and is to be a complete remake of all the old games. I have looked into it with Bethesda and all of the games are indeed Abandonware. If you guys don't support Abandonware I'm sorry I brought the subject up. Basically, I want to extract all the resources and rebuild all of them for Zdoom, into one game with some original levels. My plans are to make the multiplayer Resistance vs. Terminators, and Zdoom can indeed make all of my hopeful features come to life. I came here to ask if anyone is interested in helping me convert these old, lifeless games to the Zdoom engine. If you guys want to contribute in any way, please e-mail me at skynet2029k@yahoo.com. Keep in mind that I have experience, so I'm not just a guy with a project that will never see the light of day (like some I've seen here). So if youre interested, talk to me and we'll begin to do stuff. I mostly need Level Designers and Programmers, but other positions are open too. I'll design a simple site here in a couple of days with information.

So nobody better use /newproject!

Hm, i remember reviews of an old terminator FPS from a long time ago, i wanted to get it, but only had a Megadrive...

This should be pretty cool anyway!

By the way, have you heard of Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator? well..dont download it, its rubbish!

Hmm now where is that speech about "mega cool and whatnot" and the new project tags...

[newprojekt]SkyNet[/newproject]

WTF!? Why didn't it work!?

RANT: Who the fuck corrected me? I SPELLED IT WRONG FOR A REASON YOU KNOW! God dammit...thanks...asshole.

It got disabled from mongs overusing it at every possible opportunity.

And if it's a multiplayer mod, zdoom would probably not be the best choice, as its multiplayer side isn't all that fantastic. You'd be better off using Skulltag or (when it comes out) ZDaemon 2.0. Both will be based on the latest zdoom engine. They use client/server multiplayer networking.

Yeah, it would be pretty cool.
Uh, I'm having trouble with my Yahoo password stuff, so in the meantime, you can reach me at skynet2k29@hotmail.com. IF you said anything or sent anything to my mailbox, well, consider it crap because I have completely forgotten my password. Bummer, huh? Oh yeah--AvP--that was total crap. What I have in mind is going to be much better than that--I just need help pulling it off. I was thinking of using Zdoom to just use Zdaemon as the networking...but this game (multiple wad splits) is already going to be pretty big...assuming I can find the tools to extract the data from all of the old Bethesda games. Keep in mind that this project has not started yet--I just got past the stage where I planned the whole thing out--now it just needs to get executed. I'm the type of ppl who want to finish something I start, so if everything goes according to plan, expect this game out by the end of this year...assuming I can get ample help here first.

SkyNet said:

I have looked into it with Bethesda and all of the games are indeed Abandonware. If you guys don't support Abandonware I'm sorry I brought the subject up.

No, this site doesn't support "Abandonware". It is regarded as equivalent to warez, so no links to Abandonware sites, please.

At any rate, you should be able to recreate the games (if you're truly "recreating" them) without any legal trouble. Right?

Technically its illegal to take the resources form those games, put them in a doom TC and then upload it, but many doom wads have stuff from ROTT, Duke (those 'snacks' machines get everywhere), Shadow warrior..even HL and Q2, and nobody really complains...

Well anyway Skynet, it seems like you actually know what you're doing, which is a good start, unlike a lot of n00bs who just say they want to start a TC when they dont even know how to make a room with a player start in. For extracting the resources you could try XWE (just google it), that can extract textures and stuff from many games, and if it doesnt work with them, try asking its creator if he can add support, he actually does listen, he added support for a really obscure game i had called Eradicator, though that didnt work right cause it had a stupid palette system, but anyway...

Both MultiEx and GFE (game file explorer) support extracting sprites from T:FS and Skynet. One problem I encountered with all programs I tried is that you can rip textures and static sprites, but not weapon graphics or animation chains, like explosions.

Weapon graphics are always in the same place, so you can rip them by taking screencaps. Explosions...use half life and duke nukem ones, everybody else does!

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but I might have something better in plan.
By the way, those programs work great, but I can't do much with them...they don't like extracting things and stuff like that. They don't have much compatibility with the games, too. Little can be done that way, or maybe it's just because I have the shareware versions (I have full versions somewhere). I would also like to see if I can get someone willing to do the Termovision programming. It's been done in Skynet, and I know it could be done in Zdoom, it's just that I don't know any Zdoom programming :/

I've used both the programs to extract large quantities of T:FS and Skynet sprites and textures.... you are opening the blahblah.001-400-orsomething files right?

It takes a long time to go through them, but still should work.

Yeah, it only displays a limited number of sprites and textures...not much stuff there, it isn't compatible or just wont show in the status window for either program. Am I doing something wrong?

Fuck knows, but all the images are contained in about 300 separate files, which is why there isn't often much in any one.

toxicfluff said:

Fuck knows, but all the images are contained in about 300 separate files, which is why there isn't often much in any one.

Yeah, you're right. Any chance you could zip them and send them to me?

SerapphiMarbleManX said:

Wow, Skynet, you're a newbie and you posted a thread that got many replies, but when I posted my first thread. It got sent to hell.

You have to know how to talk and take care of business. ;)
And I'm sorry about bringing Abandonware up. Technically, yes, this is pretty much illegial, but it would make for one helluva mod, don't you think? And I wasn't going to use the term 'recreating'...more like 'reprogramming' ;)

SerapphiMarbleManX said:

Wow, Skynet, you're a newbie and you posted a thread that got many replies, but when I posted my first thread. It got sent to hell.

That's because the moderators of the forum don't like introductory threads very much. However Skynet's introduction also stated that he announced a project he's working on, and posted it in the suitable forum.

POTGIESSER said:

That's because the moderators of the forum don't like introductory threads very much. However Skynet's introduction also stated that he announced a project he's working on, and posted it in the suitable forum.

Thank you for your compliments, and I appreciate your suggestions. I've already got one guy aboard, so Doomworld isn't all that bad, as I've heard from some people. Oh--and I did see that Resident Evil mod somewhere around here, anyone know where I can download it? Just interested to see the features people keep talking about.
BTW, I learned how to do Termovision, and the beta work looks really cool.

SkyNet said:

Thank you for your compliments, and I appreciate your suggestions. I've already got one guy aboard, so Doomworld isn't all that bad, as I've heard from some people. Oh--and I did see that Resident Evil mod somewhere around here, anyone know where I can download it? Just interested to see the features people keep talking about.
BTW, I learned how to do Termovision, and the beta work looks really cool.

Resident Evil Mod is not really worh looking at. It's just full of a whole buncha crap ripped from all the other FPS games and mods, and nothing really seems to fit together. However that's the earlier version of it and the dude claims to have a more complete version blah, blah, blah, he was rambling on about how 3DFX got rights to the resident evil name to makes this mod, it was full of shit, literally and metaphorically.

SerapphiMarbleManX said:

:(

SkyNet said:

Yeah, you're right. Any chance you could zip them and send them to me?

In a fit of retardedness, I managed to delete the folder not so long back. A real nuisance, since I was getting ready to use them in my own project. I haven't been motivated enough to trawl through those hundereds of files again, yet.

toxicfluff said:

In a fit of retardedness, I managed to delete the folder not so long back. A real nuisance, since I was getting ready to use them in my own project. I haven't been motivated enough to trawl through those hundereds of files again, yet.

Oh, hey, don't worry about it. I'll get around to it sooner or later, which might be later than sooner. Although I have ripped some of the static weapon sprites already, I still can't use those programs to rip everything (especially the RAW sound files). It's kinda a pain.