Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShaneAmp

Custom Music

Whats the best program for making MIDI files for Doom? Free or demo. And would it be possible to use custom samples in it or is another program, as an example, using the PSX samples that you can get off the cd to make different versions?

A question that has been asked over 100,000,000,000,000 times. Wish you would try searching... but anyways, there are lots of good programs out there. I have Jazzware(I can't remember the site). I am still learning it, and not haveing a keyboard and having to use the mouse doesn't help. Jazzware is just a MIDI sequencer, however, so I dont' know if you could do anything with psx doom. Would be a bit more help if I knew more about it, I have never played psx doom(I don't have/never had a psx :P )

Don't make midis... they are basic and sound different on different sound cards... basically, the GMidi format is not the sopng or the sound, it is just a sereies of messages sent to your sound card to re-produce the sound. That is wht they are so small... the sounds aren't in a midi file, they are in your sound cards synth chip...

Anyway, get modplug tracker. You can use samples in those and they can sound really good. http://www.modplug.com. The program is 100% freeware :D.

You can get samples from other songs (search on the modplug site for millions of great songs) and if you check out Maz sound tools they have a really ygood sample CD made spacifically for mods. That's what I use and it was pritty cheap :).

SirBardCat said:

i've always made midis with my printer

WTF?

Is there a prog that you can plug mp3s into levels?

yeah DeepSea will put all kinds of files into a wad, midi, OGG, Mp3, Mod, and if you use Zdoom, u can also use Snes spc700 files in a wad, although i havnt got that to work yet. Tjanx for the link, i'll try it out.

ShaneAmp said:

and if you use Zdoom, u can also use Snes spc700 files in a wad, although i havnt got that to work yet.

Because .spc isn't supported (and i doubt it'd be since it's a cpu eater; impulsetracker is superior)