Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomaddict

509 (Bandwidth) error on Skulltag.com

Heh...just kidding.

I haven't used Skulltag in a while (due to me being banned from DC) but you might have been hacked.

Mordeth said:

That's what you get from leaving DW! Puh! ;)

That was mean :P

Carn, let us know if you'd like some space on this wonderfully slow queue-based download system we have around here :P

Mordeth said:

That's what you get from leaving DW! Puh! ;)

Actually, I use another browser window so I'm still on DW and Skulltag.com with the error. So your IDEA FAILS IT.

doomaddict said:

Actually, I use another browser window so I'm still on DW and Skulltag.com with the error. So your IDEA FAILS IT.

I hope that was a bad joke.

doomaddict said:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking to you...

Julian: I may take you up on this :) Hopefully August 1st will roll around before any problems crop up from the st.com downage.

doomaddict said:

He might have been, it remains a mystery in DOOMADDICT's brain.

... alright, then!

I trust:
When skulltag.com fix, 96 will release.

I know:
Bradc shut down the website purposely. He wants to give us a pleasantly surprised.
I mean: Skulltag 96 will release, Skulltag will be able in the same time!

Right!
Somebody long time no Skulltag.com. They will not longer count on Skulltag. It will be ......

So, Release skulltag 96 or Fix Skulltag.com soon

You idiot. Carn did not shut down skulltag.com on purpose. This is not speculation, but fact. What you're spouting is some convoluted conspiracy because you don't know the truth. The truth is it was shut down due to, as the message shows, exceeding the alloted bandwidth for the month. Do you seriously believe that this is fake? Yeah let's shut down the primary means of communication for the Skulltag community FOR A MONTH, just to build up suspense DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Either something's getting really messed up in the translation, or you're a braindead mong.

OK. Then, When will skulltag 96 release?

(Don't say WHEN IT'S DONE, That means nothing)

About when?

AS SOON AS IT'S COMPLETED

prattle! don't say the words useless. Tell me the date.

Haven't happened. So it's not a exact date. So about when.

The point is we don't know when, or much care about when. Many times, the announcement comes at the same time of its release, so it's best to just wait patiently. I mean, this isn't Doom 3, where the release date is announced months in adv....wait, never mind.

666 said:

AS SOON AS IT'S COMPLETED

prattle! don't say the words useless. Tell me the date.

Haven't happened. So it's not a exact date. So about when.

NO ONE CAN TELL YOU THE DATE BECAUSE THERE IS NO SET DATE YOU GARGANTUAN RETARDED!

The following is the attitude certain people seem to think modders have to release dates:

"Okay, I want to add new features A), B) and C) to the mod. I reckon I know how long A) will take to do, but I'll have to some research to implement B). C) will be even trickier, and I have absolutely no idea how long that'll take. I simply must have a specific release date though, to keep the players happy, so let's give it a month. Now to go post the news on the forum, in that thread asking about a release date..."

What they don't consider is that modders had this attitude, it would be followed up a few days later by:

"Damn, feature A) is taking much longer than expected. I have to stick to the release date though, as I already announced it on the forum and the players will start whining if the mod's delayed. I'd better dump C) for the time being, and... damn, come to think of it, I'll obviously also have to fix whatever bugs people report between now and the release date, but of course I have no way of knowing how many problems will be reported and how long it'll take to fix them. Looks like I may as well dump feature B) too. Oh well.."

In reality, most modders' opinion is something like:

"Okay, I want to add new features A), B) and C) to the mod. I reckon I know how long A) will take to do, but I'll have to some research to implement B). C) will be even trickier, and I have absolutely no idea how long that'll take. Oh, and I'll obviously also have to fix whatever bugs people report, but of course I have no way of knowing how many problems will be reported and how long it'll take to fix them. While I'm adding A), B) and C) and fixing those bugs, I may also come up with a feature D) to add as well, and possibly also an E) and even an F). So yeah, I haven't a clue when the damn thing will be finished."

You know this, I know this, a number of people know this, but this guy will NEVER know, EVER.

Well no one has answered this question so here it is. When will the website be fixed? I heard rampagedoom.com was down for a month because the bandwith limit was exceeded. Is this the same problem?

Mike951 said:

Well no one has answered this question so here it is. When will the website be fixed? I heard rampagedoom.com was down for a month because the bandwith limit was exceeded. Is this the same problem?

Yes. It will be back up 8/1.

At least that shows that you're probably doing something right! More visitors = more bandwodth usage.