Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

COMPET-N players

I have a question about player listings on COMPET-N. I know there are more players than those which are listed. BahdKo has done at least a few co-op demos, if not sine subgke player. And I KNOW Ocelot has done several single player records.

However, these players (and more) are missing from the "Players" page on the COMPET-N website.

Why is this?

The The Players page lists player portfolios. Ocelot isn't there because he doesn't have one for some reason. You can get a fuller list of players in The Database's Demos by player list, though this excludes any players that submitted only PWAD demos.

That's interesting. That leads to more questions, like why only list the players that have submitted IWAD demos, and exclude the PWAD players?

Strange.

I presume it's because the database currently only includes iwad demos, and this list of players is based only on the information that is in the database.

Hm.

Should be updated, then. The PWADs (some of them) are considerably tougher than the IWADs. And those players deserve recognition too.

I see them as two seperate things... but mje is certainly right that many pwad maps are no easy task.
and the players have their recognition already. :)

Well, you have a point... I'd say most of them are very well known.

Not that that is a good reason to keep them off of the players page. :D

I don't imagine it's a deliberate policy, or that anyone is seeking to imply that the pwad demos at compet-n are somehow less worthy than iwad demos (though they are surely less optimized overall). I imagine it's simply that adding the pwad demos into the database would be a large amount of (unpaid!) work for AdamH.

BTW, note the links at the bottom of this page.

I'll move this to Demos, since it's more a discussion thread than a straight Question+Answer.

I think anyone that submitted a demo to the compet-n (pwad or iwad) can ask to get a form. So if some players are not in the "Players" page that is most likely because they did not ask to get a form.

The top players (Vile, Sedlo, Ocelot, AdamH, Radek, Henning, Anders) did not play the pwads much, that would explain the lower level of optimization :)

The top players (Vile, Sedlo, Ocelot, AdamH, Radek, Henning, Anders, Vincent) did not play the pwads much, that would explain the lower level of optimization :)

yeah, you're right. :P