Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

WHO LIKES BEER?

Just a curious question for all of you legal drinking age types, what is your favorite beer? If you have more than one, name them but pick your #1 favorite.

I like Heinekken, and I had too many tonight. I also like Rickards but probably not too many people heard of Rickards. Anyways, post your favorite beer!

I have not had beer because it is not yet time ofr me to drink alcohol.

Bud Light in a bottle, no exceptions.. except for Jim Beam, which of course is not a beer, but it does the job just as well.

There are so many different types, it's hard to pick overall favourites. So in various genres:
English beers: Theakston's Old Peculier
Belgian Trappist: Duvel (whichever one it is that is about 10% alcohol)
Weissbier: Erdinger
Danish special beer: Bjørne Bryg
Danish regular beer: Albani
American microbrewery: Flying Dog Greyhound Honey Beer
And probably some others.

OK, if you really want me to choose an overall favourite, it's Duvel.

beer is makeing a come back. well in selection anyways. i remeber reading that intrest in impoprted and other types is growing. rather than just having your plain light and dark beers. so people are more interested in different styles. like how coffe became in the early 90's

as for me, i cant really say i have a favorite. i am not much of a beer drinker. i will say the kind i didnt like was rolling rock.

Mountain Dew

Oh wait.

Quite frankly all beer can kiss my ass, I never developed a taste for the stuff (as it tastes like rancid three week old piss left in the bottom of a corrugated bucket, actually I'm guessing but I'm pretty sure,) and it's beyond me how anyone could get addicted to the stuff in the first place.

So therefore, I have no favorite beer.

DooMBoy said:

Mountain Dew

Oh wait.

Quite frankly all beer can kiss my ass, I never developed a taste for the stuff (as it tastes like rancid three week old piss left in the bottom of a corrugated bucket, actually I'm guessing but I'm pretty sure,) and it's beyond me how anyone could get addicted to the stuff in the first place.

So therefore, I have no favorite beer.

Drink wine then :p

mmm beer

lesse, I don't really drink any of those really obscure flavored microbrewed summer ale blah blah blah type beers because they scare me (beer is supposed to taste like beer god damnit). I mostly enjoy Killians, Labatts, Molsen is good as well, Guiness, Sam Adams (though it's a bit bitter), Heineken from time to time (I don't like it as much as I used to). Also there's this Italian stuff called Perogi I think which my grandpa gets all the time and that's pretty good too. Oh I had a Red Dog once too, that was pretty good as well.

Cyb said:

I don't really drink any of those really obscure flavored microbrewed summer ale blah blah blah type beers because they scare me (beer is supposed to taste like beer god damnit).

Some people would say that is what real beer tastes like :P

Personally I like the bitter from the local Harveys Brewery. Unfortunately I'm not in the area much these days so don't get to drink it very often ... Still, Adnams Regatta is a close second.

beer: this weird danish über-guiness, 15% bottle of death. Frambosenbeir or some shit, I'm usually too drunk to care.

Cheap Beer: Bud.

lager: Miller, Tennents

Sprit: Voddie, Uncle Jack or Tequllia.

Blue Moon > all other beers

Otherwise Leinenkugel's is pretty damn good as well as Rolling Rock if you're talking about the cheaper stuff.

I'm kinda of a vodka guy, but I'm trying to stick with beer for a while.

Don't really have a favorite brand; I don't drink for the taste, I drink to get drunk.

I used to drink Stella Artois, but it started making me go crazy. Literally - i'd freak out and start crying, or yell at my mates to STFU for no reason.

So, i moved onto Carlsberg Export. Nice, but a touch pricey, not to mention that it had the nasty habit of instigating some of the worst bowel problems i've ever experienced (IT BURNS! THE RING OF FIRE...).

Luckily, i've found this imported Czechoslovakian beer (Firebrand). Smooth, strong(5%), reasonably priced (after my staff discount of course - £4.80 for 8 440ml cans) and NO FUCKING HANGOVER, bowel related or otherwise.

Great stuff. So great, in fact, that i've got my buddies drinking it. Hell, i'm drinking it now. MOO.

And no, i'm no alchy. Just got a few days off work so i'm making the most of it.

[EDIT] WTF don't change everyone's name to DOOMADDICT when i'm drunk, you bunch of dastardly nobs :P. Do you realise how much that just fucked be up?.... *urp*[/EDIT]

Heineken baby, the original Dutch ones (brown bottles). Although the export version is pretty good too.