Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodenniumRed

Linking HeXen start postions?

In HeXen editing within DooM Builder, how can I get to the arg0 value to modify it? I can only find Arguments 1 - 5, but I need Argument 0 in order to number different start spots connected to various exists around the hub, so the player won't start at the wrong one.

I don't get it; no matter what I do, I always start at the latest Player1 start position I placed in the map, not the one with Argument1 (arg0) set to 0, nor Argument3 (arg2) set to 0. I tried setting those to '1' on the other start position that's giving me troubles, but I always end up starting at that one and not '0' because that's the latest one. Still with me? :D:D

Try opening up map 2 of hexen.wad (Seven Portals) in Doom Builder. Then look at the various start spots in the map. You should get the idea of where to put the start spot argument in your map. And if it still doesn't work, it's possible that the script or trigger line needs fixing.

Yep, it's the last situation. As I recall, back when I used DeepSea I figured out how to sucessfully use starts by opening up Hexen.wad's MAP02. But, for reasons not unrelated to the fact that I at first had trouble even getting HeXen maps to run in DooM Builder, I still cannot get start positions to work properly. This probably has to do with what you said, the lack of proper scripts.

Suppose you want to warp to map 2 and to a player 1 start spot labeled 2. You don't even need to add a script (unles the trigger is part of a bigger script). Add this trigger to the line you want to make into an exit:

Teleport_NewMap with the arguments 2, 2, 0, 0, 0.

The first argument is for the map and the second argument is for the number of the start spot (the other three aren't used here).