Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Favorite map of all time.

What's your favorite map of all time people? Be it an original from either the Doom or Doom 2 IWAD, or a custom made wad. Mine would have to be E1M8, there's just something about it that makes it fun to play.

One map? That's a tough call. But maybe Equinox map13 (grandiose, beautiful and creative). Or HR map13 (fun, constant action and danger).

kmetl_9 by Kurt Kessler. It's plain by recent pwad standards I guess, but large and very tough and fun. I assume the kmetl and kbase wads are in the archives.

Eternal Doom MAP12 ("Darkdome"). Huge, complex, and gorgeous, and just the right amount of detail. Awesome stuff.

It's hard to make a selection, but it would probably be either Map01 of P:AR, or map03 from requiem.wad.

I wis dat dey hada map in da dawg layout, dawgz. My favorit map is prob map numba 13 cause dats da bes layout of where i liv, dawgz. i liv in da goo ol' city.

1. Dis, Ultimate Doom
2. Dead Simple, Doom 2
3. Tower of Babel, Ultimate Doom
4. Fortress of Mystery, Ultimate Doom
5. Unto the Cruel, Ultimate Doom

You're supposed to do one you cheat!

OK I'm gonna say, Requiem map13.

Fuzzman said:

1. Dis, Ultimate Doom
2. Dead Simple, Doom 2
3. Tower of Babel, Ultimate Doom
4. Fortress of Mystery, Ultimate Doom
5. Unto the Cruel, Ultimate Doom

some strange choices there if i may say so....

SunlapseVertigo said:

some strange choices there if i may say so....

What would be yours?

losersrock said:

I wis dat dey hada map in da dawg layout, dawgz. My favorit map is prob map numba 13 cause dats da bes layout of where i liv, dawgz. i liv in da goo ol' city.

You should stop posting immediatly.

original levels - E1M7

pwads - I dunno, prolly still AV map 21. Deus Vult was pretty awesome too IMO.

pritch said:

pwads - I dunno, prolly still AV map 21.

I presume you mean map20. "One Flew Over the Caco's Nest" was kind of cute though. :p

I'd pick Map07 (The Alpha Outpost) of Nimrod (too bad it's for Legacy :( )

Regarding maps I play more often:

P:AR E1M4 (Railbender)

and

Eternal's Darkdome for vanilla maps.

AV20 is my favorite map to snoop around with -nomonsters on to gawk...
But for my favorite map that I like to play over, and over, and over... the honor goes to Scythe Map19.

DiluteCo said:

is posting "whats your favorite...." threads a plague or something? good fucking god.

It's a reasonable type of question. As long as the topic isn't silly, or one that gets raised every few weeks, then why shouldn't it be OK? And "favourite individual map" isn't a topic that has been overdone.

losersrock said:

plase post in a normal fashion or I'll promptly ban you. this is the first, last and only warning you get from me.

I like to play av46sp01.wad a lot. I'm considering starting a thread in Demos to see who can beat it the fastest.