Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkhaven

Tribute to 1994

Well, since XDoom is very *temporarily* on hiatus, I've decided to do a "megawad," if you can call it that, the megawad being a tribute to the great year of 1994, where the Doom Editing world was bursting with some of the best ideas there were, for Ultimate Doom/Doom1, as they were made back then. You know, back when texture misalignment was forgivable, and there was the occasional tutti-frutti or HOM. What I'm saying is, since XDoom is on hiatus and I need something to eat the shit out of my spare time, I'm planning to make a tribute to 1994, and in the same underdetailed style. So if anyone wants to help, make your maps simple, you don't need to bother with texture alignment or anything. In fact, if you DO want to help, use an editor that doesn't have a 3D preview, so you can't tell if there's a mistake. That way, it will be more "traditional." Good luck to any who want to participate in this megawad!

Hell yes, see if you can make it as crappy and unimaginative as Aliens TC, Unholy Trinity, NJDoom, Pipe, Ziggurat and Serenity. That would be hilarious!

Hilarious is the point of this whole megawad! But, dude, Aliens TC was the first TC ever released for Doom, dude. Give it a break.

My post was 100% sarcastic.

If you want to make a tribute to 1994 wads, then base it around the good features of notable wads from that time. What you're proposing sounds rather uninteresting, since its central theme is kind of weak.

That's kinda what my idea was, to pay homage to the better features and feats of those wads. For example, maybe have a bit that looks like Phobos Revisited (but you can't quite tell if it is for sure at first), then have a cellar door that leads into an alien-infested maze, then at the end you come out to see a room that looks even more like Serenity, and so on... Then, a few days later, you think: Hey, that room was from Phobos Revisited! Then you wonder how you didn't see it before...Etc...

I wish I could make levels but I suck at it. I mean, my dog could make a better level than me.

Sorry, TokeDM has you beat for a modern day 1994 tribute.

Though it's DM, and not SP. :)