Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodenniumRed

HeXen Partial Conversion:

I was thinking of something that could be set in the Heretic or HeXen universe. If in Heretic, the storyline could invovle Corvus moving from, say, the town of Fairbury tp the Forgotten City of Ice, where a maniacal Lord plans of freezing the world over or something.

Some weapon ideas I had included purple lightning (like Heretic's Gauntlets of the Necromancer), new axes, etc. What I have more finalized, idea-wise, are the monsters you'll face (which can still be changed; for example, if I take the 'ICE' storyline, the final boss can't command fire). But alot of the minions will use ice no matter what the storylone.

For now, I'm focusing on the HeXen hub, but what will come of the levels remains to be seen. Used in such a partial conversion? Hopefully! I remember in the past I had contacted one 'Slyrr' who made 3D models for J-Heretic and planned a J-HeXen partial Conversion. I wonder if he's still thinking about that, because I already have a good village level done. Anywho, here's the monster ideas I had.

***** MONSTERS *****

Imp:
Red Heretic Gargoyle, non fire-throwing. Reduced Hitpoints and size. perhaps his sprites can be modified to be darker red and for him to have more 'barbed' skin.

Fire Gargoyle:
HeXen Affrits, standard.

Ice Gargoyle:
HeXen Affrits, w/blue light instead of fire. Shoots 3 ice shards.

Jade Gargoyle:
HeXen Affrits, w/green light instead of fire. Shoots 3 Stalker bolts.

Ettin:
Standard from HeXen.

Knight Archer:
Derived from HeXen 2. Stills taken from 3D game *MUST* be cleaned up to better match the look of other sprites in this game. They fire both green and red arrows.

Ice Archer:
Derived from HeXen 2, Portal of Praevus. Alot like the above, but they shoot blue arrows. Their sprites must be cleaned up significantly also.

Centaur:
HeXen Slaughterer, can shoot Blue Projectiles; vanilla Centaurs themselves are nonexistant.

Wendigo:
Standard from HeXen.

Weredragon:
Heretic Weredragon, replaces Brown Chaos Serpent. Augumented with close range physical attacks, biting and claw swiping.

Chaos Serpent:
HeXen Green Chaos Serpent.

Orphidian:
Taken straight from Heretic, though slightly larger in size and hitpoints.

Shadow Wizard:
NOT to be comfused with those from HeXen 2. A combination of the Heretic Disciples and HeXen Dark Bishops. They can do both types pf attack, but both the purple missles and green jade are now blue. Their look is taken from the Heretic Disciples, but all purple and is replaced with blue again. The red trim on the Disciples' sprites will be replaced with Gray. Fits in well with both standard and cold envoronments.

***** BOSSES *****

Battle Ogre:
Completely new creature. Sort of like a Cave Troll from the Lord of the Rings movies, except covered in armor like the Olog-Hai trolls from the 3rd film that come through the Gondorian main gate. Mini, split-second earthquakes occur whenever their foot pounds the ground. Stands roughly 12 feet high.

Shield Guardian:
Another completely new creature. Big like the Ogres, with the same earth-shattering steps, their bodies look to be made entirely of armor. They stand 10 feet high, and shoot liquid-hot metal from their free hand (the other holds a giant Broadsword).

Heresiarch Lord:
The Heresiarch Lord is a more powerful version of the Heresiarch, bigger in both size and hitpoints. All traces of purple are replaced with blue. He can summon four Shadow Wizards at once, and attack at a faster rate with both a blue version of the purple ball attack and a blue fireball-skull attack. Instead of a reflective spell, though, he can also summon blue lightning like the Mage from HeXen that will trak you relentlessley. The lack of a reflective spell is more than made up by doubling his Hitpoints from 5,000 to 10,000 (the blue-art version of the reflective spell is still shown around him, however). Lastly, he also has lethal close-range physical attacks. Looks cool in a cold climate (no pun intended)!

***** END BOSS ***** +

Black Dragon with Rider:
A large black Skull Dragon with rider. It would use map spots like the Death Wyvern while flying. The Black Dragon attacks with the same attack that the Death Wyvern uses, but moves a bit faster and has 5,000 hitpoints. He can also land if he wishes; during his time on the ground, he can also use verious close-ranged attacks as well as his dragon breath. When he is killed, the boss himself then rises from the wreck....

Final Boss:
Unnamed as of yet, his look resembles a robed figure shrowding an INHUMAN shape, with predominately red trim around the black robes (as opposed to the blue of the Shadow Wizards and Heresiarch Lord). His features are a bit more exposed than with the Heresiarch Lord. Golden staff in right hand, the very ground trembles beneath his feet, making it more difficult for the player to move around. He'll have alot of yet-to-be-determined attacks, and can summon Shield Guardians at will. Upon Death, he will cause an explosion SO huge....

+ If I have a 'world freezing over' storyling, then maybe he can ride an Ice Dragon or something. But then, I don't want to overdo ice everywhere, so maybe just the last hub or something would be ice.

The title "Heresiarch" already implies a leader/lordly status, so "Heresiarch Lord" sounds redundant.

Sorry I'm really fucking drunk, but I just wanna astablish the red apearance of the heretic, mage dudes.

I figured he'd be an Arch-Lord or something. But no matter, I could just keep him as a 'Heresiarch,' his changes due to the 'World Freezing Over' theme. But, anyway, this conversion was merely an idea, I do not yet have the means to pull it off (I can just make levels), although I might get into contact with someone interested with working on it.

Spray said:

The title "Heresiarch" already implies a leader/lordly status, so "Heresiarch Lord" sounds redundant.

What else can you do though, ehe. Heresident? Herime Minister? Heread of State? Dear Heresileader? Herman of the Board?

chilvence said:

What else can you do though, ehe. Heresident? Herime Minister? Heread of State? Dear Heresileader? Herman of the Board?

How about a title like Ice Heresiarch or somesuch for a different Heresiarch dude?

Yeah, or something more fantasy-ish like Heresiarch of Rime (hey dont ask me, I just stole it from Icewind dale)

Just a thought - if you're going to make this mod with Zdoom (which it sounds like you'll have to), then not only can you use every single monster, item and weapon from both games, but you can also create as many new monsters as you like.

I'm not ACTUALLY working on it. I'm just making levels for now, but when I get enough of those I'll get in contact with people who CAN do that stuff. I'll try to learn it myself, too. If I recall, there was Carnage Galore 3 for HeXen, which featured new critters alongside the old. That used JDooM, although ZDooM is more powerful in terms of new content and the like.

"Heresiarch of <insertsomethinghere>" and "<adjective> Heresiarch" don't sound bad at all.

Keep going, get that HEXEN WAD of yours finished! I command you!
Darn it, good HEXEN WADs seem to be so scarce these days....
Everyone is either working on DOOM or HERETIC projects. I love DOOM and HERETIC, but I wouldn't want to see HEXEN being neglected.

DarkJedi188 said:

Keep going, get that HEXEN WAD of yours finished! I command you!
Darn it, good HEXEN WADs seem to be so scarce these days....
Everyone is either working on DOOM or HERETIC projects. I love DOOM and HERETIC, but I wouldn't want to see HEXEN being neglected.

Don't worry, as once I've finished my current project I'll be going to Hexen.

Ok folks, create your stuff at whatever pace you wish, but don't disappoint me!

gargoylol said:

I haven't seen a heretic project either.
Maybe i'll do one, who knows.

Um...You're wrong about that... Ichor is working on a big Heretic porject right now. He has only released 2 episodes of it so far, and there's lots more to come. He's a great fellow, a consistent member of these forum boards.
And also, there have been like 2 or 3 Heretic WADs released on Newstuff Chronicles over the past weeks. So take a quick peak and see for yourself!

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Nope, Carnage Galore 3 (the sequel to the 2 Heretic episodes) is the Hexen project.

It's for Hexen!? Really? Thanks dude, you just made my day :)
Oh, by the way, when I first saw Ichor's webpage a month ago, I honestly thought that the entire project was going to be for Hexen, but then I ended up discovering that the first 2 WADs were for Heretic instead. That was funny. :p

I always loved Carnage Galore 3. I've played the first two also, still good, but the 3rd time's the charm. I noticed the paladin's powered-up superweapon changed from the Tornadoes to a red projectile, though, which simply expunged more ghosts. I liked the tornadoes! And the hidden 5th weapon.... :D

The tornados worked until I decided to use them for the Frost Lich, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the balance right. For instance, the tornados the cleric use kills many the monsters almost instantly, while the same type of tornado fired by the Frost Lich only does minimal damage. Odd, isn't it? So I had to dump it for something else.

I still would like to use the tornados, but I can't attach them to any weapons. However, I could use them for an artifact...

Hmm...

Use the tornadoes as the 4th weapon of the mage player class, use it to replace the Bloodscourge staff. (I really hate that staff).
This way, not only will the mage be able to summon lightning but he'll also be able to summon tornadoes as well. It would be twice as deadly and twice as fun :)