Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 3 Done?

Some loyal readers have sent word of a scan that's been circulating the 'net that seems to indicate that Doom 3 is done, what with it saying "it's done" on it and all. The new pose for the Doomguy and the wonderfully 1996-era Exocet font seem to suggest that this is the Real Deal, and not just some lame rumor. So... when can I play it?

Here's a mirror of the scan on Gamespot. - Cyb

Oh, and here's an interesting shot of what looks like a Doom 3 box and 6 CDS FOR CHRISTS SAKE, DIDN'T DOOM 1 COME ON LIKE 4 FLOPPIES?! never mind, apparently it's a fake pic, blah - Ling

I recall those fonts being used on a series of AD&D add-ons.

Scragadelic said:

And this 'scan' is from where exactly? There's no page number or publication name. I'm thinking photoshopping or something.

Nah, it looks to me like just the sort of stuff someone in a marketing department would produce (especially with the use of the term "POS" - "point of sale", not "piece of shit"). And it could well be something prepared a long time in advance, ready to be tweaked and updated before actual use.

So if it's done, way isn't it on my PC? Apparantly it ain't done yet.

Its done being made, they still have to print thousands of CD's, Manuals, Boxes, Cardboard shop displays, Posters, and send them across the world..that doesnt happen overnight!

Well if it is done Id had better work their asses off and get the fucking game to us right now.

Im sick of waiting!

School isnt too far away anyways!

*faints to the floor but gets back up 30 min. later just to remember that this is probably another non-official-piece-of-crap like everything else has been*

what do you mean by loyal readers?

oh and btw, just noticed on eb that doom 3 has been rated M.

Skeletor said:

what do you mean by loyal readers?

oh and btw, just noticed on eb that doom 3 has been rated M.

Nice observation, didnt catch that change.

It cant be too far away then - at least I hope. Or....WE hope! :)

Whooo hhooooooo!!! If only I wasn't too poor to get a good graphics card for it. Fuck.

that font was also used in Diablo

One of the brightest rays of hope that I can remember. That really makes my day - and I just woke up.

Maybe it's ID software photo shopped. Because they wanted to hoax their own game!

Some possibilities:

• this is a fake. a real "scan" would have borders from the scanner, oblique angle, or whatever.
  • this is real. doom 3 will be on shelves within a week, or a month, or whatever.
  • this is real. activision produced this promo sheet and it's intended for distribution to retailers or purchasing departments or whatever, but it's been prepared way in advance and they haven't officially mailed it out to anyone, because the game isn't really done.
Something to mull over.

Arioch said:

Some possibilities:

• this is a fake. a real "scan" would have borders from the scanner, oblique angle, or whatever.
  • this is real. doom 3 will be on shelves within a week, or a month, or whatever.
  • this is real. activision produced this promo sheet and it's intended for distribution to retailers or purchasing departments or whatever, but it's been prepared way in advance and they haven't officially mailed it out to anyone, because the game isn't really done.
Something to mull over.

How about

• this is fake but by some really wacky coincidence Doom 3 is done.
*whistles* always look on the bright side of life

The marine in that picture looks incredibly life-like. It's almost scary to think that soon we'll be battling with guys like that in DM-mode. Incredible.