Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Doom 3 "6 cd" picture is fake, according to the creator of it

Alientank said:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topic.asp?fid=2308&tid=1417208&p=24

Apparently it was just fanart and a caption saying "wouldnt you like this on your desktop?" or along those lines, and then planetdoom went crazy, putting their logo on the bottom corner and spraying BS news, meanwhile the creator said it is just fanart and not a real picture.

Ehmm, I put the logo there, I work for PlanetDOOM, I made that pic and we didn't post any news about it... geez

I'm from PD too and this was never news, it was for fanart. Too many hyped people took it out of context and then blew it up when they started to realize it wasn’t real. Which it was never meant to be. Like RosOne said, the logo is there to show that it is PD fanart, not a PD exclusive. Stop trying to dig for dirt where there is none.

OddballPD said:

Stop trying to dig for dirt where there is none.

Hello common sense. Why put something of that nature on a very popular site and not give any explanation as to what it is (or rather isn't). You should have foresaw "dirt digging" and counted on thousands of fanyboys switch into frenzy-mode.

OddballPD said:

I'm from PD too and this was never news, it was for fanart. Too many hyped people took it out of context and then blew it up when they started to realize it wasn’t real. Which it was never meant to be. Like RosOne said, the logo is there to show that it is PD fanart, not a PD exclusive. Stop trying to dig for dirt where there is none.

Well how were we to know the logo wasn't slapped there as something exclusive? You guys seem to slap your logo all over everything you have on your site that's a pic from Doom 3 when you get it.

Heh, looks like I was right.

Anyway, tell the original author that he did a pretty nice job.

Edit: No need for everyone to jump on the whole news issue. It was apparently just a miscommunication.

gatewatcher said:

Hello common sense. Why put something of that nature on a very popular site and not give any explanation as to what it is (or rather isn't). You should have foresaw "dirt digging" and counted on thousands of fanyboys switch into frenzy-mode.

On the main page underneath it there is a quote that says this:

"Pic of the Day: Who needs wallpapers? Wouldn't you rather have something like this on your desktop instead?"

And it's under the fan art section. Yes indeed, miscomunication.

RosOne said:

Ehmm, I put the logo there, I work for PlanetDOOM

Your forums suck.

Yeah, that's probably true ;P

...and your forums still suck.