Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMFDxUconn

What system did you have your 1st Doom expierence?

How old were you when you first played Doom? and on what system?
I think i was 22 when i first played it on the Sega Genesis 32X.

I was 14 or something, someone had given me the shareware discs a couple of years before but I had never heard of the game and wasnt really into gaming in any big way. I just tried it one day out of boredom and then my life was over before it began.

First machine I played a respectable game of Doom on was a 486 66mhz iirc, with an sb16.

Packard Bell 386 25Mhz 4megs ram, with DOS 5. Barely played it in low resolution. PC speaker sound.

I was five years of age, and I believe I had a 386 when I first played Doom.

It was on my friends 486/50MHz (iirc), right after Doom was released. Then later on my own 486/66. I bought pc just because i wanted to play Doom and Wolf3D. :D

Pretty sure it was a pretty hot 486. Sound Blaster. It was before DOOM II came out. I know that much... I doubt it was in 1993. It was at a friend's house.

10 years old.

Intel 486-DX2 66mhz
8mb DRAM
Creative Sound Blaster 16 ISA
14" CTX SVGA monitor
540mb Hard Drive

I was 11, and I played it on a (then brand new) 486 in my cousin's place in Canada. That was early 1994.

386 40Mhz 4MB. (Yes, it ran like shit on that but I got a 486 66 MHz 8MB a few months later...)

18, played it on my flatmates 386, pc speaker and screen size at the minimum. I first completed doom on the sega megadrive before getting a P133.

About 8 years old.
On my brother's old 486 with 8 MB of Ram. We played Doom and a couple weeks later Doom2. That was somewhere in 1994

Saw it at a friend's on a 386 4mb ram, PC speaker sound, but the first machine I actually had my own copy on was a 486 sx/33 with 4MB of ram and a 428MB hard disk.

66MHz 486 DX. shareware. (early shareware, it had no nightmare skill and swastika was still there.) I think I was 10.
The computer had a sound card, but it took me a while to get the sound working. in those days, I cheated the hell out of everything I played. infact, Doom was one of the first games I finished without cheating.

I also played PSX doom before I got doom 2 for PC.

Aged 14-ish, playing on a 386DX 40Mhz with 8mb RAM and a basic soundblaster card... argh, and a 40mb hard disk! I remember Strike Commander coming out and freaking cuz it filled the whole damn thing...

Hmm. First I was pissed because we'd had a 286 when it came out. I'd played the game at a friend's house and got hooked. Then about a year later my dad caved in and got us a 486-100Mhz. Back then, it seemed like that little monster could handle ANYTHING I put into it.

Then Quake came out.

23 and I played the shareware version on a friends laptop. It was an old IBM thinkpad.

Been hooked ever since.

I was 15 when I somehow found a shareware copy in the shops and played it on a 386 sx25 upgraded to 4 megs ram (one of those PC/Megadrive combos). Just about playable with a size 3 screen. (or a full screen on low detail mode)

That dark passage in Phobos Lab was really scary on the first play...

SunlapseVertigo said:

9 years old, in 1993, on my first ever computer:

Pentium 75mhz
8mb ram
650 GB HD
15" monitor
Sound Blaster

Holy crap.. thats gotta be a typo. A computer like that, and your able to store the world on it? lol