Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TechCom

Problems with ingame music!!!

I have recently purchased Collector's Edition Doom which comes with all the Doom games. I have windows xp and everything seems to run fine except the music ingame seems to slow down and stutter like. I was wondering what could be the problem and how could I fix it.

Thanks.

Some setting on Windows XP, or maybe your soundcard doesn't like Doom95. I've run it on Windows XP without sound issues. Maybe it's that setting Vince netioned someplace (where Windows would slow down.)

If I were you, on XP, I would use a port. PRBoom might be the best one for you, if you want a port that is very similar to the original game mechanics.

No problem. Also be aware of other source ports out there, for more special effects and stuff. jDoom, ZDoom... Doom Legacy.

I only mentioned prBoom because of its similarity to the original .exes.

If you're going to mention skulltag, it would simply be WRONG not to throw ZDaemon out there.

TechCom -- ZDaemon has the most active multiplayer community of any DOOM niche on the web. You will definitely make good use of it. Highly easy to use, and you're guaranteed to find a game at any point in the day.

zdaemon.org

mje said:

If you're going to mention skulltag, it would simply be WRONG not to throw ZDaemon out there.

And vice versa. ZDaemon's gotten plenty of exposure. Skulltag has not.