Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

why not doom3 for beos?

why not doom3 for beos? it would be better then runing it for windows.
now beos ro><ors @$$

Yes, by all means. Building up doom for beos, now that's a great idea! I mean, anyone can reach out to the millions of gamers that runs windows, but how about the TWO GAMERS THAT USE BEOS? Now, that's bringing in money.
Ok, point is, why spend time and money porting a game to an os that will cause two additional sales?

The sales figures of Quake III Arena for Linux were very disappointing. I don't think porting the game to a platform noone's ever remotely heard of is an option.

I never ever heard of Beos. Hardly anyone has. So why bring out Doom3 for Beos? Doesn't make sense at all.

why not doom3 for beos? it would be better then runing it for windows.
now beos ro><ors @$$

BECAUSE BE0S IS NOT R0X0RS MY B0X0Rz

I never ever heard of Beos. Hardly anyone has. So why bring out Doom3 for Beos? Doesn't make sense at all.

Beos? What the hell is that? From what I gather its some kinda of OS, its gay, only like around 2 people use it, and it ro><0rz macs bo><0rz.

There is a simple answer to "why not doom3 for beos?".

Linux and beos are out of business!

They NEVER were and will probably NEVER be!

Look at the sales Quake 3: Arena for Linux generated, they are dissapointing in a soft word and are just god damn awful in a harsh word!

If the Linux sales were THAT dissapointing, WHY make the game for beos which is an even less known OS?

Just my two cents.

Look at the sales Quake 3: Arena for Linux generated, they are dissapointing in a soft word and are just god damn awful in a harsh word!

That's because the linux people are not used to actually buying software :)

If the Linux sales were THAT dissapointing, WHY make the game for beos which is an even less known OS?

Just my two cents.

AFAIK id will aim for a simultaneous release of the new Doom on 3 platforms ... Linux, Win32, and Mac OS (X?). Put all 3 together and you have probably 99% of the PC-using population. There's no reason to aim for 99.001% by expending the resources to port it to BeOS.

I'm quite resistant to the idea of anybody actually compiling stuff on OS X, however. As I hear it, the gcc that is bundled into OS X is quite stuffed.

well no, beos and linux is not dead and yes you can run linux on beos because beos is based on linux.

dude, they should release doom3 for the nohaki os. then i would be able to play it on the library cpu's when i am done posting!!!

dude, they should release doom3 for the nohaki os. then i would be able to play it on the library cpu's when i am done posting!!!

Still IP-banned, huh?

Still IP-banned, huh?

cacodorkman? shotgun bill? oh no...PIZZABOI?

It is very sad that the BeOS never got any big and important application (as fas as I know), only those mandelbrot and cd player stuff. BeOS looked really sweet (It was developed by a former Apple developer, french name - I have no rememberance for that language :). This man, Gasee, Gausee, Gasseau (?) also developed the Macintosh II that was introduced back in 1987 which saved Apple from an early death. The Mac II was the first modular Mac. You may say now that he deserves a kick in the balls for doing that, I am not angry :). I once installed a preview version on my mac and I really loved it (I still have two of these CDs, anyone wants one? Must have a Mac. They are old, from 1997 and in german language)

What we _really_ need is doom3 for the Z-Machine (big plus to you if you know what it is). And for the Virtual Pascal (p-code). And for the TI-OS. And for BeFunge.

Actually, you know what? Doom 3 for BIOS! I'm sure 95% of the gamers will be satisfied. :)