Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

If you thought Michael Moore is full of dumb...

Heh. I never thought Michael Moore was full of shit.

I read the first few articles. He's a comedian and a political satirist. Moore is very serious about his beliefs.

Michael Moore may twist here and there, but a lot of what he says is true, and he is definitely NOT full of it.

As for this guy, he obviously has a lot of faith in something, and his faith is no better or worse than anyone else's.

AndrewB said:

Michael Moore may twist here and there, but a lot of what he says is true, and he is definitely NOT full of it.

Holy shit! I find myself ageeing with AnderwB.

Michael Moore may make some good points but that doesn't stop him from being full of shit.

david icke has always entertained the hell out of me. pick up a book sometime. they probably sell them in the 'occult' or 'new age' section of your local mall bookstore. lots of fun.

Actually I can't find his books anywhere, it comes to me as no suprise. When you make claims like the US government staging the 9/11 attacks upon itself and suggest all this evidence as to why, people want to stop you at every turn from circulating your material. David Icke makes some very logical cases in some of his articles, like this one about why the herb Stevia is banned in order for the artificial sweetener companies to make money and continually poison us with aparatane. Then there's the ones about the reptilian overlords that control us and they can only be seen through the 4th dimension, and they are doing all they can to maintain control over humanity because time is running out for them. Once the earth reaches a certain position the reptilians will no longer be able to stay disguised as humans. Yeah it's pretty funny stuff, my buddy has one of his videos, it's a good movie to watch while ripped on shrooms.

Linguica said:

Michael Moore may make some good points but that doesn't stop him from being full of shit.

Aren't we all here, at Doomworld, full of shit ourselves?

Both extremes of the political spectrum use lies and distorted facts to try and prove their point, nothing new.

POTGIESSER said:

When you make claims like the US government staging the 9/11 attacks upon itself and suggest all this evidence as to why, people want to stop you at every turn from circulating your material.

aw, but I always loved that great tinfoil hat conspiracy, it's one of the crazier ones and I find it highly entertaining that anyone believes it

POTGIESSER said:
Then there's the ones about the reptilian overlords that control us and they can only be seen through the 4th dimension, and they are doing all they can to maintain control over humanity because time is running out for them. Once the earth reaches a certain position the reptilians will no longer be able to stay disguised as humans.

He's ripping off Robert E. Howard and his Kull of Valusia stories.

Cyb said:
aw, but I always loved that great tinfoil hat conspiracy, it's one of the crazier ones and I find it highly entertaining that anyone believes it

Perhaps because it's your country and that would be something a wee bit too monstrous to consider in relation to day to day life. But, given the circumstances and depending where you're standing, common sense can suggest such things.

Scuba Steve said:

Aren't we all here, at Doomworld, full of shit ourselves?

The forums certainly are but there may be hope for individuals.

http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp

Anything the left can do, the right can do stupider!

deathbringer said:

Anything the left can do, the right can do stupider!

And vice-versa. :P

gatewatcher said:

Heh, I never thought he was full of shit.

On the other hand, I always knew he was.

Michael Moore is a bit of a nutter, but I kinda like the guy. Makes america interesting (This coming from a non-american).

Captain Red said:

acullly, I'm full of pure beer goodness.

Amen.

Use3D:
Both extremes of the political spectrum use lies and distorted facts to try and prove their point, nothing new.

It aren't just the extremes that do this

All politicians are perverts and thieves. End of Story.

m0l0t0v said:

It aren't just the extremes that do this

Generally, internet users twist words and distort facts a lot. People are much more ready to be jerks and fail to pay attention online because there's no fear of coming off as a jerk to people you know and respect. On the internet, the general underlying thought process is "I can say what I want. This isn't real life, anyway."

AndrewB said:

On the internet, the general underlying thought process is "I can say what I want. This isn't real life, anyway."

Well its true, isn't it?

Well, it's kind of silly to say that the internet isn't real life. We aren't actors, after all. These aren't discussions with artificially intelligent computers. People simply don't rationalize as well here as in face-to-face discussions.

Anyway, I just got back from seeing Fahrenheit 9/11. Great movie. Michael Moore is a really nice guy, and he always has the perfect way to drive the point home.

AndrewB said:

Well, it's kind of silly to say that the internet isn't real life. We aren't actors, after all. These aren't discussions with artificially intelligent computers. People simply don't rationalize as well here as in face-to-face discussions.

Actually, no. People who act like jerks online generally actually ARE jerks in real life, and are just as rational. Trust me, I've met them. In fact often they're even WORSE in real life. At least on the internet they can't interrupt you while you're talking.