Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

animated skies... can it be done?

i was wondering if it's possible to bring over the fire sky from psx doom/doom64? or the windy cloudy sky from the chapel stage of castlevania sotn. of course i have no clue how to do this.

hmm... i saw in the press release of doom that there was an animated sky, so i guess it's possible. most likely with ddf.

Punch me for my opinion, but I am afraid that after the release of the new "Doom" no one will care a rats ass about this questions to which I cannot give any answer (especially now having some beer intus). Maybe you have similar feelings - maybe not. Will you continue playing classic Doom? It has nothing to do with the availability of proper computers, those can be bought (and mine is...:). I know, we should welcome enhancements and better games but I am also afraid the hype about the new game will delete all we are talking about here. That would suck, would it? All the beauty of the old game... Well, I am a bit down, so forgive me ;)

There will always be people interested in the old DooM's. It's the Internet, everything exists somewhere. Now, DooM's editing base is pretty small, I dunno how it's going to be affected by DooM 3's release.

Most people here probably haven't even tried Quake or Unreal editing.

has to be realistic, like softly, slowly flowing with clouds. Unlike in quake3 the sky is too animated and moving hell fast

ROOOOOOOOOOOWWRWRRR!!!!! FUCK YOU, YOU GODDAMN IMPOTENT AND SENILE TITBAG!!!!! RROWOWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!

That's Uglycat man, show some respect. =)

Anyway... from what I remember the PS and N64 fire skies almost looked like they were made out of particles to me. Actually making an animated one shouldn't be that difficult, wouldn't that just be F_SKY10A, F_SKY10B... and so forth? I dunno, but adding support for it I don't think would be that difficult... of course, having 30 frames of animation for it sure would make the wad big as hell. =)

ralphis, wtf is up with you and that cat avatar? :P

Oh, he stole that from me.

Peter Heinemann: It's obvious you've had too much beer... all the time. How else would you explain you liking Macs? ;P

Geez, where is everyone? It's been dead around here this week. You'd think with people at school (with computer classes) they'd be on here all the time instead of doing schoolwork (like me). WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU PEOPLE!

And I have to brag. I get tomorrow off and leave school early today, because of a staff meeting. Beats starting school! HEHEHE!

BTW, less than 2 days until Transformers: Robots in Disguise is premiered. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Ok, I'm bored.

THAT'D BE SO FUCK'N SWEET!!! animated skies would kick ass, several levels in DOOM64 have animated skies, but i never seen a wad with one. The only problem i find here though is that it would probably cause much more lag on multiplyer. But if you got DSL it wouldnt even be noticable, probably the same with all the other connctions