Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chubzdoomer

Doom 3 requirements here! PC Gamer's opinions:

insertwackynamehere said:

ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB DDR

That's good enough I suppose. What does XT mean though?

XT - im not for sure what it is SUPPOSED to actually mean....extended? =D

But anyways, the XT version of the 9600 is better than the 9600 PRO, so that card SHOULD run DOOM 3 just fine - albeit the fact that you will likely have to lower both the res and graphics to enjoy the game to its fullest!

Good luck - Chubz =)

chubz said:

Because the Geforce4 MX series are nothing but rehashed Gf-2 technology-cards...upgrade FAST, even though it is supported, it will run the game like shit in a microwave....very stinky, and moving REALLY SLOWWWWWW-LIKKEEEEEE

If the alpha was any indicator, you're totally wrong. I got at least 25-30 FPS on the alpha with my GF4MX 440 with most of the working options turned on. Assuming it's been heavily optimized since a year and a half ago, I don't think that it's going to move "really slowwwwwwwwwww-liiiiikeeeee".

So this reviewer thinks a Radeon card is the best option? I hope he's right, 'cause I just ordered a Radeon 9800 XT.

Honestly, with a high end card like a 9800 or a GeForce FX or above, I think the difference between ATI and Nvidia will be nominal. They'll both run superbly.

tkmaster said:

actually it may be able to handle it with the settings very low

Yeah, perhaps. I did run the alpha on this computer with the settings all turned down.

Ralphis said:

If the alpha was any indicator, you're totally wrong. I got at least 25-30 FPS on the alpha with my GF4MX 440 with most of the working options turned on. Assuming it's been heavily optimized since a year and a half ago, I don't think that it's going to move "really slowwwwwwwwwww-liiiiikeeeee".

I agree. I have a geforce4 mx 420, and in the alpha I got around 20-30fps in some areas.