Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

gold? gold? gold? gold? (grain of salt)

and they have allready confirmed the game has gone gold, but id software themselves will not state this until thursday or friday of this week

OMG!?

Hmm interesting.... I'll believe it when I hear it from the bigboys though.

It's entirely possible you could get it next week if the distribution system is well oiled, and literally ready to roll.
Doubt it though :P

DVD editions, regardless of what Todd Holleshead said about no DVD version a while back

If that's true then I'll be pretty happy.

Edit: heh

More stuff (well, yes grain of salt again):

no we are a distribution center..... when games go gold, we allready have the boxes/manuals a few weeks in advance so when the game is mass produced and the cd's or dvd's arrives, we simply package everything together. We distrubute these to all kinds of different stores... EB, Gameswap, Babbages, WalMart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Meijers, Target, etc etc......

we've had these boxes and stuff ready for about 2 weeks now, and just recieved word from activision that the cd's will be incoming within the next couple of days

edit:
Forgot link...same thread as posten above but page 3
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31976&page=3
The last sentence is music in my ears :P

hmm... the whole thing about the "not knowing what's up with the dvd edition" screams "needs more time" though.

An early release would be great, but this makes it seem unlikely.

Well, he could have at least taken a photo of the box and manual with a camera phone and given the photo to some 3l33+3 H@X0rz and have them post it.

No one would have been the wiser. Well, no, not now that I mentioned it. Just shows a lack of imagination. So, it smells like crap.

Peace,

The Bruce

i know our displays are comming in 2 weeks. like i said it could be longer.

when LOTR return came out we had the display a month before we could 'release it' though we did have the movei. howevr with software and games we usally get the display minus product first