Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaximusNukeage

players guide

the players guide to doom comes out before the actual game. i hate spoilers especially when its somthing as monumental as doom. one of doom3's major parts is its story. how do you guys feel about this?

MaximusNukeage said:

the players guide to doom comes out before the actual game. i hate spoilers especially when its somthing as monumental as doom. one of doom3's major parts is its story. how do you guys feel about this?

Im gonna buy it AFTER I beat DOOM 3 just to see what all crap is in it - AND for an extra "collectors" item!

;)

the only reason i would get it is for a collectors item. i dont know why they make those things though. havent they heard of the internet?

I'm gonna avoid the guide like the plague. I'm always determined to beat any game I get on my own with no help whatsover. Afterwards I'll look up on gamefaqs.com and check out all the secrets of whatever game I'm playing. The only game I can think of off the top of my head that you can absolutely beat (secrets and all) nomatter how long it takes without a guide and using only yourself to play it is Mario 64.

Guides are terrible... however... depending on just HOW early it comes out I may buy it for basic information. But nothing else, they're always 100% useless aside that.

And of course they make FPS ones, they even make them for MMORPGs - something super pathetic since all the info gets changed like within a month...

It will be way harder for me not to read the review of Gamestar, which I subscribed to. It´s likely that the Doom3-issue will come out late july.

Player's Guides have little stories about parts of the levels that gave them trouble, things they changed and dealies they intended to do. They give you exculsive cheats, secrets and easter eggs that 99% of people wouldn't find without. Some player's guides contain exclusive artwork, and glitch logs. It's not only a walkthrough, it's the game's biography.