Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Where were you? (when Doom 3 Gold was announced)

Ok, to start this one off:

I was in class putting the final touches on 2 peach pies[0] before putting them into the oven.

Arioch said:

I was in class putting the final touches on 2 peach pies[0] before putting them into the oven.

Yummy, are you learing for cook, or still in kindergartden (wouldn't surprise me)

I was at work.

I was reading this forum when Doom 3 was announced in this forum. I was reading the forum at the time. The forum post that annonced Doom 3. Had gone gold.

WAS ANYONE ELSE?

Arioch said:

Fuck you I get to be giddy for ONCE on these forums don't ruin it for me now!

OK fine...

I WOKE UP AND CHECKED THE FORUMS AND SAW DOOM3 WAS GOLD OMG!!!

Zoost said:

still in kindergartden (wouldn't surprise me)

I was at work.

And where do you work, buddy? Under Michael Moore's desk?

Asleep on the other side of the world.

Then I woke up, went to school for half a day, came home, opened my ISP's gaming page, saw the big "DOOM 3 GOLD" post, and went :D

Linguica said:

OK fine...

I WOKE UP AND CHECKED THE FORUMS AND SAW DOOM3 WAS GOLD OMG!!!

yep, same

I was learning for a test - at least I was supposed to. I checked the doom fan sites every 20 minutes or so out of pure boredom. Then I really concentrated on my studies for an hour and this was the exact hour when Hollenshead posted it. I was lucky enough to check webdog first, an hour later, so I found out first hand! :-)

I was sitting right here, in front of my computer, when Manc changed the topic in #zdoom to include "http://www.webdog.org/plans/6/ IT WENT GOLD BITCHES"

I prefer to save the giddiness until when I'm actually playing the game.

Mancubus changed the topic to, "IT WENT GOLD BITCHES"! in #zdoom, then while I was browsing the forums and on irc I kept going back to the front page waiting for the update.

I was in a regional lifeguarding competition, which I came home from successful but in pain :P

When I casually logged onto dw to check out what was going on, I saw the front page and practically fell of my chair!

I was walking up to Subway to buy a sandwich during my lunch break at work. I then got back and realized I'd be loosing my job in about 19 days for comming in late.

I think it's pretty clear where I was at this point, but I saw it on irc while at work and then flipped the #zdoom topic to include it. Glad I was able to bring the good news!

Stupid damn job... never did a lick of good for me... well... aside from, ya know, giving me money and all. Anyway, I was having a really shitty day at work when it was announced, then I can home and checked Doomworld first thing. My reason to drink suddenly changed from "damn, this was a shitty day" to "this is the best thing I've heard in a long time".

i read the anouncement at like 1 in the morning teusday night.

i was like

w00t!

note: i got it from planetdoom first... sorry DW!

AirRaid said:

I was sitting right here, in front of my computer, when Manc changed the topic in #zdoom to include "http://www.webdog.org/plans/6/ IT WENT GOLD BITCHES"