Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Deus Vult II underway

I did play through DV map 05, but i have a 2ghz with 512mb of RAM and a 256mb graphics card..let me just say that if you dont play it map05 at least once in your life, you're missing out! the extra connectivity rules, as does being able to return to previous maps for health (and to finish off a few more monsters, there where still loads running around in that huge cavern that is the start of map02 if you play the seperate maps). Plus the whole experience of slugging your way through the vast, never-ending carnage for hours on end with no 'end level' screens to break up the battle is just amazing, few things are as fun

Deus Vult 1 was one massive level that had to be split into 4 subsequent levels for other ports. 2 questions...

1) Will DVII feature levels as large as the original (single map 05)

2) and two, if so is DVII a Zdoom only mod?

One a side note, I really wish that there would be some zdoom features like 3d floors and such in DV II. And some new enemies and gun sound effects would kick ass, hopefully thats not asking too much. Get back to me on that.

Jacknife said:

One a side note, I really wish that there would be some zdoom features like 3d floors and such in DV II. And some new enemies and gun sound effects would kick ass, hopefully thats not asking too much. Get back to me on that.

obviosly you did not see the post Huy (doom marine) made..
DVII will be 100% BOOM compatable..
Meaning NO zdoom features will be used.. and unless Huy hasnt told me, NO new monsters, weopons, or sounds (other than the one that boss makes at the end) will be used.

As awlays, I got to things to ask:

1:Will it be compatible with weapons mods (like the first one)
2:How many hell levels will their be?

The last episode, or Map21-Map30, will be the inferno without break.

Concerning the development of DVII, as of late, I am really busy in school-related activities: classes, 4-5 hours of homework, political affairs club, math club, math grader, 3 miles a day, social life, you know... stuff that matters. I guess what I'm trying to say is DVII's development has slowed down somewhat, but I try to put in about 5-6 hours a weekend to progress and keep my mapping skills intact.

I will never, ever give up on DVII; it will be finished sooner or later.

I recently drew an outline of the new cathedral in hell, it will eat the first DV alive :)

I saw the Notre Dame today, it is an awesome sight to behold. The flying butresses, the rose windows, the ribbed vaultings, the gothic architecture and the high ceilings are simply amazing.

I took lots of pictures, and got my hands on a simplified blueprint of the structure. after seeing all this, I ripped apart my old cathedral outline and started over.

I'm going to use this incredible blueprint of the Notre Dame to build my Cathedral... with a few modificationsm of course... since the Notre Dame has floor over floor.

Currently, a tech map the size of vrack3 is on the build, I'll probably post a few screenies upon returning home.

Mozart rules... immediately after Beethoven! =)

As for "Deus Vult 2", the first screenshots (those featuring the Vrack-ish style) look great! :) The next ones are a little dark to see architecture and detail! :P What about retouching them, correcting the gamma? ;) The last ones look better and show interesting things!

I'd like to know how many people finished the original "Deus Vult"... without cheating. ;) I finished it, in spite of my old computer (A PIII 450)... that didn't help me while playing the most detailed and crammed maps (like map02)! :P So... who finished it!?

I've completed it after a while. :(

Map 01 - The only really difficult part was at the end.

Map 02 - Pretty easy after you take out the massive hordes on the cliffs.

Map 03 - The main Cathedral was the only REALLY difficult part.

Map 04 - I only had trouble with the blood circle thing in the mouth/vagina room. :)

Doom Marine said:

Boom compatible.

Good, so we can use dynamic light ports etc

I'm starting to become really happy with the way DVII is turning out, here's some screenies of Map13:

A Christmas Break and the Vrack3-sized map should be done.

WOW! =) It is very Vrack-ish... and I like Frederk Johansson's "Vrack" series very much! :) I can't wait to play that level! ;)

That's a good question! I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up, but I hope the Doom Community will still be around when this thing goes public... in other words, not for a long, long time!

Rome wasn't built in a day you know.

I never really feel sastisfied with a single map, I always like playing megawads where there is sense of continuation. This sense of continuation is great for co-op as well.

It depends on the person's taste really, I like epic things. I think it's faster to create 32 individual maps than a 32-map megawad, not too sure though.

Mivalekan said:

errr... refresh my memory... is Deus Vult the HR2 style first-timer .WAD that had the annoying terminator music in the first level? (THE EVIL CITADEL KICKS ASS!!!)

For some reason in the 1st map with the terminator music it would turn itself back on even if my music volume was all the way down. Freaky. ;/

It's terminator music. It can't be destroyed.
----------on topic

Those screenshots look beautiful, but what'd I'd really like would be some shots of the gameplay. That second screenshot of the newest batch looks great, but it'd be even cooler (if you haven't already done it) if you made the left side overlook a mountain landscape.