Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

The Zombie Man's Rifle

what weapon did the former human zomie carry? And if it was an automatic weapon Why did he only take pot shots at you?

It kinda looks like the Beretta SCS but with a fixed stock.
I used to think it's an M16 but the barrels and carry hand don't match.
It's probably some UAC marines standard, noticed that Doomguy's carrying a darker variant of the same thing?
Also I believe that zombies are too stupid to fire automatic mode (but then again, the Chaingunners fire automatic), or the rifle is simply jammed.

Um, what? It looks approximately fuck-all like that.

Jammed? That would mean it wouldn't fire at all, and if one were to continue to try one would be asking to get shot in the face.

when you think about the weapons and doom it makes no sence.

the weapons look horribly out dated, besides the plasma and BFG thast is. even more so the original rifle.

i am guessing a type of semi automatic rifle. my friend had a 9mm rifle that looked very similar

Nmn I think you pic is close enough. but what about the Chaingunner. is it posable to carry a minigun the way he is, or should he be carrying it like the chaingunners from D3? What about that backpack with unlimited supply of ammo? I Know it's immposable to carry unlimited ammo, but do those types of backpacks exist in real life?

Shapeless-It's hard to believe the Chaingunner can carry a helicopter-mounted minigun one handed, but then again, we remember Predator... The guy must be pretty strong (for a zombie).
The Doom chaingun reminds me of the real minigun but with a shorter barrel.
Unlimited ammo backpacks? heh :-)
Backpacks with ammo exist in real life, a minigun is powered from a tape with bullets. Connect several bullet tapes and pack some into the backpack and You get about 2000 bullets to shoot.

What the Chaingunner uses is probably some sort of mini, futuristic, lower-powered variant of a minigun, to make the weapon actually mobile at the cost of rate-of-fire.

The infinite ammo thing is just for the game. But yes, you can strap together bullet chains and put them just about anywhere you want to, even a backpack.

mje said:

I blame Bush.

Yeah but I'm getting a bit fed up of you posting this now. It was funny like the first, well 0 times actually.

Don't do it again.

Well I know you can put ammo in a backpack LOL. cause I used to do taht in High School. :D
I was wondering if they made carrying cases like the one the chaingunner has straped to his back. I think they just made it like that so that you don't always see the same length of belt hanging off hi left hand.

Shapeless said:

what weapon did the former human zomie carry? And if it was an automatic weapon Why did he only take pot shots at you?

He's a stupid ass zombie with a very low IQ. Nuff said...

Shapeless said:

Why did he only take pot shots at you?

Well, keep in mind it's a zombie you are talking about so...go figure!

=)

Wasn't there going to be an assault rifle of some sort originally? Maybe it's a reference to that and Id forgot to change it to a handgun. :P

Otherwise i have no idea why he only fires just the one shot (a stupid zombie perhaps), though there should be a few dehacked patches around that makes him fire rapidly like the mastermind\chaingunner.

BlueSonnet said:

Wasn't there going to be an assault rifle of some sort originally? Maybe it's a reference to that and Id forgot to change it to a handgun. :P

Otherwise i have no idea why he only fires just the one shot (a stupid zombie perhaps), though there should be a few dehacked patches around that makes him fire rapidly like the mastermind\chaingunner.

Maybe it is just a single-shot rifle and the "delay" is the time it takes for him to reload his weapon?

Kinda weird though, considering you have a game set way up in the future and they still have single-shot rifles that far in the future.... =)

deathbringer said:

The ability to even use a weapon at all is pretty good for a zombie..dont complain!

hahaha, so true

heh

the zombies cant hit anything cause they're firing from the hip. no aiming whatsoever (well, the regular ones anyways. firing a shotgun from the hip can still be effective if ur at least facing ur target).

at least... it LOOKS like they're firing from the hip.

It's probably an outdated or low cost UAC weapon that the zombies 'came with'.

It probably actaully has really long range and packs a hell of a punch, but we don't notice cause they're fricking zombies and we have super armor/skin whatever the feck. Not to mention it NEVER jams.

Or, as i have said before, if i remember, its a rifle that shoots 9mm pistol bullets, so that it is

a-very accurate

b-not 'over penetrating', remember you are on a space station, and the security forces on the space station would be worried about damaging the 'hull' and letting air escape, though this doesnt matter cause phobos and demios both seem to have atmospheres, but maybe mars doesnt, and ships moving between the three wont either, and if its a prison ship or something and there is a break-out the security people will not want to cause too much collateral damage (and kill hostages, and potentially everyone is they breach the hull), so they use super-accurate, but low-power rifles

Sephiroth said:

i am guessing a type of semi automatic rifle. my friend had a 9mm rifle that looked very similar

I'm sorry, but I can't Imagine a 9mm rifle. 9x19mm parabellum ammo is a standard amunition for most of the pistols and sub-machineguns since WW2. It lacks muzzle velocity and accuracy to be used in rifles, which have long rounds of lesser caliber; say 5,56 or 7,62...

Well I'm not saying there aren't any weapons of this kind, I just don't know any.