Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holy Thunderforce

What your style of deathmatch map?

well i want to know.what's your favourite style of a wad for deathmatch.

1.Small,with high frags and fast death.
2.Medium,medium frags,a little time to find your enemie
3.Big,with so many places to run and camp and hours and hours for little frags.

My choice is the first,small maps give hour of fun with many deaths.

Big map, to spend hours, where You can hide, snipe, etc.
ROKS, made by Fanatic is a pretty damn good example of this.

Ones with lots of dark corners. The kind that encourages camping and sniping. The kind with low ceilings so people will stop jumping and dancing around like sissies. The kind where clipping is set low so that the rocket launcher is not going to explode in your face when you are lurking behind something and you think you have the perfect shot. The kind where there is no possibility of wall running. The kind where the lowest ping is forced on all players. The kind where the BFG..... eh, I suck at deathmatch.

To be serious I like big outdoor arena type levels. I like dodging rockets. I like the wads that show off the capabilities of 3D ports. Wads like dwango, win or lose are boring.

I like big outdoor areas with limited ammo.

Large, roaming maps with lots of routes to keep your opponent guessing, that all seem to lead to one focal room where most of the combat takes place.

Anything with the word "Unidoom" in its name kicks unparalleled amounts of ass.

Aside from that, I like DM wads that use new resources well and have decent gameplay, such as OmegaDM.

But hell, I will play DM on most anything. No matter if it's 1on1 or a 16 player free for all.

Bloodskull said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12614
Laremix isn't too bad, it's sized for both duel and deathmatch which is how I like to play other maps.

I played this map before I knew who made it. I liked it. Now that I know that Shadowrunner made it, I must laugh at all of you who didn't give it at least a rating of two.

Talk about holding a grudge...

I like small, compact maps that are quick for kills. I love those, like map01 of most wads.

That's just me. :Þ

An medium-sized map with a sort of central arena-like area (optional) and very few camper spots. Some detail here and there is always good, but it shouldn't be overdone. Maps like Paradox from The Master Levels isn't too bad either even though it's nothing like what I've mentioned.

Heh Alex. Just because someone has a bad internet rep doesn't mean they can't churn out good maps. ;)

As for me, I like medium maps. Dwango6 map01 is a perfect example of my favorite type of style.