Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

Deeper Furnace

Right now I'm working on a hell map called Deeper Furnace, it's for JDoom. I have it posted on WadsInProgress however when I try to edit it, it tells me its not my wad (wtf?) so I decided to post a thread where I can update on it with screenshots and stuff. It's a SP map, though I may make it cooperative playable. I'm aiming for it to be very hard. No matter what difficulty you play it on it will test the max of that difficulty. However when I say that I don't mean that its nothing but shooting monsters, there are tricks and traps and plenty of other things involved in the map. This isn't Deus Vult (no offense ConvertedDoomer). There space in in it is moderate, enough that you don't feel like you're cramped in a hall the entire time yet not enough that you feel like you're in a stadium or something. Anyway enough jabber, here's some screenshots (and yes I realize there's a few texture mis-alignents here and there):

I'm hoping to release it before Doom 3 for obvious reasons. And yes I realize I never finished the last map I said I was working on, but thats because certain things kept stopping me, such as school and trying to finish things up there. But oh well this maps a hell of a lot better anyway.

Melfice said:

I have it posted on WadsInProgress however when I try to edit it, it tells me its not my wad (wtf?) so I decided to post a thread where I can update on it with screenshots and stuff.

I had this problem too, WIP logins are case sensitive. Just check what case your username shows up as when you view one of your own wad pages. I think that's the case format you have to use. Login using that and it should do the trick.

Quite nice screenies, are you going to be using much JDoom specific stuff or will it also run in other ports?

looks good. the third shot is the best.

Are you planning to use it in Dark Nexus?
BTW, how is it (DN) going on?

As I recall Iori has taken care of Dark Nexus and the team behind it.

I too, like the third pic, that ipllar thing is teh kowol.

1. Is it gonna be available for zdoom, and
2. Is it inspired by Deus Vult?

Shot 3 has a big texture misallignment in the wall on the left hand wall. Apart from that, pretty good. Not quite sure if lava would be going through tubes from the roof though...

The lava isn't in a tube going through the roof ;) You'll find out when playing the map that things are very bizarre in this map :D

I plan on this being for JDoom, however, so far I haven't used any port specific linedefs, so as of right now it would work with other ports but that could change in the end. I would suggest using JDoom for it though, because I'm using the lighting in JDoom to create the atmosphere you see in those screenshots, it wouldn't be the same without it. It's not inspired by Deus Vult, it's just something I came up with on my own as I felt the urge to map again, and the idea was kind of developed as I began mapping it. Also that isn't a pillar, that's a fountain ;) Lava flowing up, and lava flowing down :D

As for Dark Nexus, that is completely in Iori's hands now, so you'd have to ask him. I believe he's been rather busy himself with the NewDoom Community Project map he had to do, and I believe he has one or more maps in CC2, as well as other projects of his own (last I knew anyway). So I really have no say in it :P Last I talked with him about it, attention was being paid quite a bit to the Legacy engine (which if things go through right, will have it's own .exe) and from the sounds of it progress was doing pretty good.