Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
useless warrior

The real question is...

And the next real question is, why would anyone know that yet? My assumption: Yes. It's a running gag. Like Impse. Except you're happy to see the Dope Fish. You're terrified to see Impse, and wish it'd go away.

I'm not familiar with Dopefish or Impse.
Could you please explain them for me?

The Dopefish was innovated by Tom Hall and made its first appearance in Commander Keen Episode 4 "Secret of the Oracle." Since then, the Dopefish has appeared in:

Rise of the Triad
Wacky Wheels
Duke Nukem 3D
Descent 3
Quake
Quake II
Quake III
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
Shadow Warrior

Don't know if the list misses some games...

Its a stupid comic drawing of a fish. It varies from appearance to appearance. Its always somewhat hidden. In corners or secrets and so on...

EDIT: i've no clue about Impse :P

Revenant! said:

The Dopefish was innovated by Tom Hall and made its first appearance in Commander Keen Episode 4 "Secret of the Oracle." Since then, the Dopefish has appeared in:

Rise of the Triad
Wacky Wheels
Duke Nukem 3D
Descent 3
Quake
Quake II
Quake III
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
Shadow Warrior

Don't know if the list misses some games...

The Dopefish does appear in Daikatana. There, it is a full polygon monster which can kill you.
Out of the list above, I only found it in Quake. Can you tell me where to find it in DN3D, Q2,Q3A and SW?

Skeletor said:

where do you find it in q3a?

i dont think the "officail" dopefish site considers it one. there is a fish like texture in a map.
also anachronox
in duke3d i think it is just a message "dopefish lives"

out of all the thing to turn into a gag, well i guess that is how all gags get started and what makes them funny. something stupid and unexpected

About the Q3 dopefish:

Update 6/22/00: I got an email from John Romero telling me that he had spoken with id Software, and they intend it to be a Dopefish.

Its in Map "q3dm11". Just walk towards the wall in front of the Teleporter near the Shotgun.