Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

Doom 3 released August 13th in the UK

No suprise really. When will these publishing dolts realise that a staggered release simply encourages people to warez the game instead?

I've been a Doom fan since, well, Doom ;) and I'll buy the retail version, especially as id support linux, but I'm not promising that a bit of torrenting might not take place first...

Others will simply d/l it and never pay for it.

Game publishers = morons.

And the whole, "Games must only be released on a Friday," thing with the retailers in the UK drives me fucking nuts too. WHY ???

Ah well, at least it's coming at long last... :)

Heh, a few days wait in can ALMOST understand, so they can ship over loads of copies and distribute them to shops, at least its not the months-long wait we used to get..

they cant have a game in all regions ready for release in just 2 weeks. that would be a bitch. there is manufactureing, done in the US and then the whole shipping part.

hell if they wanted to careflight it to the farthest reaches, they could, but it would make the game cost alot.

this isnt like some games, released in japan a year or many months prior to a US release. the reason it is this way is do to the fact it takes time to make and ship.

games i am waiting for
doom3
silent hill 4

thats about it

Alwell, i'll just have to read the doom 3 reviews and stuff until the 13th arrives. :(

the lone crouton said:

Just because you'd warez a game because you can't wait 10 more days doesn't mean everyone will.

It would take me 10 days to download a full game anyway, if i chose to, plus i wouldnt get the cool box and manual

the lone crouton said:

Welcome to Stupidityville.