Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom3 dot com Goes Live

Now that Doom 3 is actually coming out, Doom3.com has goe live with the "real" site as opposed to the "coming soon" stuff. It's one of those flash-only affairs that I just know everyone loves, and it doesn't work right in Firefox, and it commandeers your entire screen, but hey it's the official Doom 3 site and among other things it's got a sample of surprisingly metal-y game music for you to check out. Oh, and check out the links section too.

Looks cool to me

Scragadelic said:

Five points to whoever can guess what band performs the DOOM 3 theme song.

A loose guess: Sonic mayhem

I waited almost 10 minutes for the initial page to load, then about 3 minutes for the first option I picked to load - the about the game page - which had virtually nothing of interest on it.

Fukkem, my modem can't handle it and I'm getting the game anyway. I've got better things to do than spend about an hour waiting for a single website just to load.

The intro song is in fact Tool, on a website it was listed under their discography. Plus listen to the intro clip and then the song "Lateralus", the guitar riffs (as well as the bass and drumming) are unmistakible.

Urgh flash-fest. Web designers need to be poked with sticks until they recede into the depths of the ocean.

Shaviro said:

Awesome intro song!

Yeah but I thought D3's music would be all ambient. Apparently not the intro song.

Note To Forum Sausage:

Ling, Doom3.com works in firebird for me...

I like this song.... TOOL! oh lordy...

New Intro music baby. hehehe

EDIT: Works in FireFox for me too.
hehe, Doomworld, NewDoom is in the link section. Cool.

How about DR iD?

Yeah, that's tool. Too bad I didn't listen to it before people said it was Tool, so I could guess for myself. But yeah, sounds like Tool. That makes me pleased.

Scragadelic said:

Let's hope Tool is doing the entire soundtrack now :)

Or at least, a good band that won't put stupid sound effects in the music to ruin the atmosphere.

Riiiiight

Scragadelic said:

Let's hope Tool is doing the entire soundtrack now :)

Or at least, a good band that won't put stupid sound effects in the music to ruin the atmosphere.

I am almost 100% sure that Weird Al didn't do it.

On a more serious note, can anyone find any full tracks ahead of time? Do it...

Dest-X said:

Worst fucking music ever.

Yeah, I hated it too. I'm not sure why people are whacking off over it left and right... Sounds like the crap you hear in the background of US Army/Marine/whatever recruitment ads on tv.

david_a said:

Sounds like the crap you hear in the background of US Army/Marine/whatever recruitment ads on tv.

So it's probably entirely appropriate then, right?

Sign in to follow this