Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Action Doom Contest #2

Hello and welcome to the second, and final Action Doom giveaway contest. This time around you're playing for much much more than before. Now, you'll have a chance to win one of three places, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. What do you have to do to enter? Read below for further details.

How high can you try? That's what we want to know! Can you earn the highest score in Action Doom? If you think you can, follow the instructions below to enter your chance to win.

It's simple, play Action Doom... Take a screenshot of your highscore, and save your gamestate for verification if you win. Finally, Post your screenshot here in this thread. It's that simple. Even your mother, of whom I'm quite fond of, can figure it out!

Contest entries will be judged by me, Scuba Steve for validity. Only I know if any entry is genuine or not. Just in time for the hotly anticipated Doom3, Action Doom contest will end on 7/24 at which point the winner will be announced.

So what are these prizes you will be competing for? Well...

First Place
- Personal Copy of Action Doom, Case/Box/Manual
- Action Doom Tee Shirt
- Action Doom Miniature

Second Place
- Personal Copy of Action Doom, Case/Box/Manual

Third Place
- Action Doom Tee Shirt

Well, what are you waiting for? Go out there and win!

*Offer not valid to Doom Anomaly, Void where prohibited

How do you plan to stop cheaters? I could just turn off god mode and then save the game quite easily, or if I really wanted to cheat, I could mess around with the scripting to give me an ass load on points on the first level, and provided I left the last level alone, you wouldn't be able to tell from the save game.

I like the idea, but I don't think will work.

Demos don't work well... the scripting messes them up. I already weighed cheating vs the painful ammount of work to stop it. And I just don't care. This is a contest for some 3rd party Doom mod... if you feel the need to cheat in some lame contest for a dumb made up box and an iron on tee shirt, that's pretty sad.

doomaddict said:

Seems like Boris is the winner! That is one hell of a score (how long did it take him to do that?)

That shot is from the very beginning of the game.

doomaddict said:

Seems like Boris is the winner! That is one hell of a score (how long did it take him to do that?)

thank God you're banned...

Seeing as I have to play through the game again and try to beat 355k, I'd rather watch :D

Just a reminder, the contest ends at 12:00 AM tomorrow. Unless I'm at the bars, at which point it will end when I either a) stumble home or b) wake up tomorrow.

Congraturations to all the entrants (except Boris and Cyb who are big cheats)! The winners are as follows...

First Place
-Ralphis

Second Place
-Blackfish

Third Place
-Benj

The winners will recieve their prizes as stated above (albiet the miniature lost his arm however). In the end, Doom 3 will be released in a week, RTC and alot of other great TCs will also be released this year... and I'm drunk. So in a way, aren't we all winners?

Scuba Steve said:

So in a way, aren't we all winners?

No. Just me baby. Just me.