Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

ART CONTEST #9

I figure the time was right for the contest, considering that some of the seasoned doom artists have made a return here and the choice of topic along with doom 3 going gold. After a lengthy discussion with the previous contest winner, Scabbed Angel, this is the outcome of the contest theme.

This week's contest: Design a Doom 3 coverart.

That's right. Design the cover for doom3. Id may have provided a cover for doom 3 already, but we can still play around with idea can't we? ;)

So there you have it. Make it any style you want; scary, action-based, silly, etc, as long as it obviously obeys the image rules around here. Also you have my permission to "cheat" by copying and pasting a\the doom 3 logo, though i think that's acceptable anyway.

With this new contest were gonna go with Silvy's new scheme. The contest ends by the end of next saturday, unless there are less than 3 entries, in which the contest will be extended by another week, and if there are still less than 3 entries then we'll take\judge with what we got. No exceptions

Any questions just ask. Dunno about prizes. Maybe an av in your title or something.

edit: No collages with screenies please.

Well... My entry to the competition:

as always, enjoy :)

Pruned majorly to remove invalid entries, as well as bickering. We will be having a collage contest later for you keeners ;)

Either the logos are pasted or You are really GooD O_o. Strong competition too :)

Nmn said:

Either the logos are pasted or You are really GooD O_o. Strong competition too :)

The Logos were allowed to be pasted, as Bluesonnet said.

"Also you have my permission to "cheat" by copying and pasting a\the doom 3 logo, though i think that's acceptable anyway."

Okay the deadline has been extended by one more week as mentioned earlier. If we still have less than 3 entries by that time then the contest ends and we'll take what we got. And i'm thinking about ending the contest early btw; 9pm in british time, so don't get cocky. No exceptions.

Otherwise nice entries so far. :)

DMFDxUconn said:

when does this contest end? and can we enter more than 1 pic?

It ends tommorow at 9pm at British time, and yes more entries can be sudmitted (i'm gonna squeeze in one before it's all over)

BlueSonnet said:

It ends tommorow at 9pm at British time, and yes more entries can be sudmitted (i'm gonna squeeze in one before it's all over)

NO NO NO NO! READ THE FAQ! ONE ENTRY! ONE!!!

..ahem.. You can post 2.. but only one can enter.

So... if you post more then one, please tell us which one to use, or we'll take the first one.

Thank you.

Silverwyvern said:

NO NO NO NO! READ THE FAQ! ONE ENTRY! ONE!!!
..ahem.. You can post 2.. but only one can enter.

Whoops! You're right. Just realised DMFDxUconn already sent one. Silly me. :P

Yeah what she said. No exceptions

BlueSonnet said:
The contest ends by the end of next saturday,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DMFDxUconn said:

when does this contest end? and can we enter more than 1 pic?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was posted yesterday. So it would end tonight.. right?

i actually asked the question 2 days ago(Thursday), but it was at something like 1 in the morning. So i assumed "tomorrow" meant Friday. My bad.

I like that. Good job. I havnt picked up a pencil to draw in quite some time. The last drawing i did was a portrait of my daughter sleeping. She was 3 than, shes 9 now. Life has kept me so busy, i really miss drawing. And the color you added, makes it that much nicer. gfj Blue! I vote for yours :)

Okay kiddies, times up, and you had a few hours extra too.

I'll start the voting thread in everything else tommorow (or ASAP)